Author Topic: Fiat 126 Bis Pininfarina Restored by ourselves) For Sale  (Read 2868 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Fiat 126 Bis Pininfarina Restored by ourselves) For Sale
« on: January 23, 2010, 02:17:06 PM »
I spotted this fully restored 126 bis on Car and Classic selling got 2995 pounds.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C131933/

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Fiat 126 Bis Pininfarina Restored by ourselves) For Sale
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 02:21:03 PM »
Another spotted on C&C. A 1982 126 selling for 2,995 pounds. Selling prices for mint condition 126's in general are on the rise.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C133972/

fiatfsm

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 675
  • Karma: 2
Re: Fiat 126 Bis Pininfarina Restored by ourselves) For Sale
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 10:25:29 PM »
I saw the first one, I would think Pininfarina might be a bit angry about being associated with the 126 :oops:
I just cant get over a BIS being worth anything, they were just so problematic but a great concept.
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!

Derek

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 102
  • Karma: 0
Re: Fiat 126 Bis Pininfarina Restored by ourselves) For Sale
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 09:19:31 AM »
The first one (Pininfarina!) was up for 3.5K so the asking price has been reduced. Although it would have cost the dealer a lot of time & money to bring it to that standard & even though values are rising, It's still way above the current market value. I guess they think It's worth a try.

fiatfsm

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 675
  • Karma: 2
Re: Fiat 126 Bis Pininfarina Restored by ourselves) For Sale
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 10:37:38 AM »
Most people wouldnt realise the huge difference in value and desirability, they see a 126 and think its a classic! I think if the BIS had been designed right that it would be a fantastic car.
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Fiat 126 Bis Pininfarina Restored by ourselves) For Sale
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 03:27:29 PM »
From what I have read, the Bis version was supposed to be better than the aircooled versions. It may look the same as the aircooled (the aircooled version itself went through a series of modifications/improvements as well through the years) but there has been a lot of improvments under the skin. It should be quieter, smoother (because it has bigger tires), synchromesh transmission, a hatchback, intermittent wipers, rear wipers, electronic wash/wipe, heated rear windows, new 704cc engine therefore marginally faster, widespread use of galvanised steel (from 1989 onwards), it was full of kit (at the time) - just to name a few. It is one of those cars, I think that needs to be regularly serviced (on time) by Fiat or a specialist from new. Any deviation from the service routine meant potential future reliability problems. There are some overheating issues (although I have yet to experience this) but there is more than sufficient threads in the forum that would resolve or minimise this risk.


fiatfsm

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 675
  • Karma: 2
Re: Fiat 126 Bis Pininfarina Restored by ourselves) For Sale
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 11:24:59 PM »
The 2995 one, I asked for some pics... got sent some dark and very low resolution images and no description of the 126. It looks good in the dark and fuzzy pics mind 8) I get the feeling the seller isnt an enthusiast, and I wonder if they are selling for someone?
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!