I have only this one on the road. The project niki is near complete but still some work to do on it. I bought a registered one because i took the project to an engineer and he laughed at me for building it. He had no bad comments on the build quality, just the concept (too much power, not enough brakes, Rusty - he wants minimum 275mm rotors etc, etc). I mentioned that the largest legal size engine is 1352cc (my engine's a 1300) and should be regarded by the RTA as a legal project. He said ok but still wouldnt be comfortable doing it. So my options are to look for another engineer, or swap the rego plates and sticker from this registered one to the project (illegal, i know but i'm sick of these engineers not wanting to engineer something that should be legal anyway.)
I have three that are scrap metal candidates, one in absolutely showroom condition, the one above registered and finally back on road today (pics soon),
one that i'm planning on rebuilding to standard spec, the project niki, and another that i was saving for a turbo bike engine project (to be started no earlier than 2011 as my wife is cracking it at me spending so much time with my cars).
I have changed everything mentioned above, with parts from the scrappers but that wasnt a good move - steering rack stuffed and rear control arm bent a little, which makes it interesting to drive. I will need to pull a rack and a control arm from one of the others AGAIN.
I'm selling my suzuki swift soon so i will be "allowed" to rego another car in the near future ( I have four cars registered and on the road - Suzuki, Integra, Cortina and this Niki) and that will definately be a 126, either the showroom condition one or the project if i can get it certified.
Cheers
Dan