Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Club126UK
»
Fiat 126 Chat
»
Fiat 126 Chat
»
uploading photos
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: uploading photos (Read 2993 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
defender90
Member
Posts: 90
Karma: 1
uploading photos
«
on:
December 11, 2009, 07:01:56 PM »
I keep trying to upload photos of my car to share with you all but i'm not very computer literate. Every time I try to upload I get the message file too big, I lowered the picture setting on my camera from 5m 204 frames to 3m 325 frames and then to 2m 409 frames and the files are still too large. How small do they have to be?
John (jay bee) recently took some pictures on his phone for me and even those files are too big?
I get very thrustrated with what to me are very technical computer issues that I struggle to understand, flaming computers ARGGGGGGH! I would much prefer a severe case of spanner rash!!!!
Logged
Kevan
Radcliffe
Gt.Manchester
Citroen BX TDG (soon to go)
Citroen BX TZD
Land Rover 110 Station Wagon
ChrisRLewis
Administrator
Super Member
Posts: 1723
Karma: 25
Location: Swansea, UK
Re: uploading photos
«
Reply #1 on:
December 11, 2009, 07:14:00 PM »
what operating system are you using?
Logged
defender90
Member
Posts: 90
Karma: 1
Re: uploading photos
«
Reply #2 on:
December 11, 2009, 08:07:46 PM »
Hi Chris
Windows Vista
Logged
Kevan
Radcliffe
Gt.Manchester
Citroen BX TDG (soon to go)
Citroen BX TZD
Land Rover 110 Station Wagon
ChrisRLewis
Administrator
Super Member
Posts: 1723
Karma: 25
Location: Swansea, UK
Re: uploading photos
«
Reply #3 on:
December 11, 2009, 09:24:04 PM »
try using this add on program for reducing image sizes
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phototoysclone/
it's just then a matter of resizing the large original image, right click on the original image, in the drop down menu list find 'Resize Pictures' - Left click 'Resize Pictures' - use the Small 640 x 480 option. This will then create an additional image with (Small) at the end of the file name.
The new image should then be ok for uploading to the forum (also ok for emailing)
Good luck
Chris
«
Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 09:32:30 PM by ChrisRLewis
»
Logged
defender90
Member
Posts: 90
Karma: 1
Re: uploading photos
«
Reply #4 on:
December 11, 2009, 11:04:15 PM »
image resizer test
Logged
Kevan
Radcliffe
Gt.Manchester
Citroen BX TDG (soon to go)
Citroen BX TZD
Land Rover 110 Station Wagon
defender90
Member
Posts: 90
Karma: 1
Re: uploading photos
«
Reply #5 on:
December 11, 2009, 11:06:21 PM »
Weh hey how about that! Cheers Chris your a star.
Logged
Kevan
Radcliffe
Gt.Manchester
Citroen BX TDG (soon to go)
Citroen BX TZD
Land Rover 110 Station Wagon
jose
Member
Posts: 60
Karma: 1
Re: uploading photos
«
Reply #6 on:
December 15, 2009, 10:15:50 AM »
is that the 126 "bambino" which recently sold on ebay for a healthy price?
Logged
126BIS 1990
defender90
Member
Posts: 90
Karma: 1
Re: uploading photos
«
Reply #7 on:
December 15, 2009, 11:14:24 AM »
No I've owned this for a while now, but I'm only just figuring out digital photography, saving and uploading , image resizing (Thanks again Chris) etc.
Tells us more about the 'Bambino' though, what was a ' healthy price'?
Logged
Kevan
Radcliffe
Gt.Manchester
Citroen BX TDG (soon to go)
Citroen BX TZD
Land Rover 110 Station Wagon
1973/126
Super Member
Posts: 1753
Karma: 23
Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: uploading photos
«
Reply #8 on:
December 15, 2009, 05:54:54 PM »
I think the "bambino" Jose is talking about made around 2k on Ebay. I was very surprised as it was a late 126p and LHD. Had some nice touches thought...
Logged
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
Club126UK
»
Fiat 126 Chat
»
Fiat 126 Chat
»
uploading photos