Author Topic: Front Seats  (Read 8485 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Front Seats
« on: June 24, 2017, 09:05:19 AM »
Anyone got a cheap set of front seats for sale? Preferably light coloured fabric rather than vinyl but anything considered. Can do cash or swap for a few air cooled bits e.g. chrome bonnet lock, black rubber bits that go on bonnet to keep rain out, black petrol cap with key, a Fiat 126 Autobooks manual and a fuel pump. 😄
Every cloud has one...

Flying Carpet

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 27
  • Karma: 0
  • Location: Bodmin, Cornwall
Re: Front Seats
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 03:24:29 PM »
Hi
I've got a pair of BIS front seats if they're any use?
They're in good condition (no holes or tears) and clean, which is surprising given the light colour! Also a pair of matching door cards, slight fray on one but no rips or holes.
Let me know if you're interested....

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: Front Seats
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 04:47:27 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I'm interested but Bodmin is a killer trip, I did it last year (to buy a 126!) so not sure how I'd collect. Out of interest, what sort of price are you after? I know someone else who needs some for a BIS (I'm after some for an aircooled).
Every cloud has one...

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Front Seats
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 05:14:31 PM »
I have got some , think they are Bis, seats in my garage. I will have to look deeper.  :)

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: Front Seats
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 05:39:49 PM »
Thanks, Rusty, you are always deep!  ;)
Every cloud has one...

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Front Seats
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 06:19:17 PM »
Thanks, Rusty, you are always deep!  ;)
But my waters are not still and I do not do a lot of running these days  ;D
I had a look and the seats look like Bis with the grey fabric tops & vinyl backs and the solid grey headrests. Looks like I have the rears as well.

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: Front Seats
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 11:22:12 PM »
Oh, Rusty, I do miss you, I only met you once but you made an impression, you remind me of me when I was young. I had 3 pints of Maverick tonight from the Argyll brewery and toasted you with each one. How much for the seats? I'm in London soon so may be able to collect.
Every cloud has one...

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Front Seats
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 09:36:07 PM »
Oh, Rusty, I do miss you, I only met you once but you made an impression, you remind me of me when I was young. I had 3 pints of Maverick tonight from the Argyll brewery and toasted you with each one. How much for the seats? I'm in London soon so may be able to collect.
Oh BV I had no idea that you felt the same, that true spontaneous love  :yikes
Was it just the once that we crossed paths. I feel that I have known you for a million years  :)
Must have been those endless questions  :P
So pleased about this love, this special thing we share from afar  :D
Our love of the 126s  ;D now go easy on that Maverick I am on my tenth pint of Scimshaws Old Collywobble & drinking trying to forget you  ;D
If I remember I will check out those seats...............

drcdb15

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 511
  • Karma: 6
  • Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex
Re: Front Seats
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 10:26:01 PM »
Well this is a bit rich. Last September I seem to recall some rather disparaging innuendo about my perfectly innocent suggestions for the Club Calendar

http://club126uk.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=10588.0

with some rather graphic imagery regarding regurgitation of his evening meal by one certain "BV" ...

and now here is that same persona openly, nay *recklessly*, flaunting his passions in open Forum !

Up with this we must not put ! This is a Family Forum (the 126 family), so I say "Cool your ardours, good sirs, lest we corrupt others with your moral terpitudes!"

Shock! Horror! Whatever is the world coming to ??? I think we should be told  !!

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: Front Seats
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 09:32:50 PM »
Well, I'm glad that you are having a drink, Rusty, have a few more and click Buy it Now on some of my eBay listings! I've sold 5 things this week from my trunk of junk which will help supplement my pension now that I am retired!

It's quite interesting, actually, seeing the different people across the country buying 126 parts, people you've never heard of, there must be more of our cars out there than we realised!

I'd really like that green 126 De Ville that's for sale at the moment, it's the same colour as yours, we would be twins!

 ;D
Every cloud has one...

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Front Seats
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2017, 05:21:32 PM »
Well, I'm glad that you are having a drink, Rusty, have a few more and click Buy it Now on some of my eBay listings!
I'd really like that green 126 De Ville that's for sale at the moment, it's the same colour as yours, we would be twins!

 ;D

I checked out your listings but I was really looking for an old worn out pair of shoes and there are none there :P
Yes that green car will be a great project in the right hands.
So are you still looking for seats?

Flying Carpet

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 27
  • Karma: 0
  • Location: Bodmin, Cornwall
Re: Front Seats
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 09:21:31 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I'm interested but Bodmin is a killer trip, I did it last year (to buy a 126!) so not sure how I'd collect. Out of interest, what sort of price are you after? I know someone else who needs some for a BIS (I'm after some for an aircooled).
Sorry BV, only just noticed your post
You're right, Bodmin is a killer trip thanks to the roadworks, and I'm only 6 miles away!
Dunno what seems right for a pair of seats - Junior is still trying to fund his project so forty for the pair?

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: Front Seats
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 09:54:20 PM »
Thanks, Flying Carpet (and Rusty), that's a bargain price but I think it will cost too much to get them up North. I'll keep it in mind and if my travels take me close to where you are I'll get in touch. Until then I've got a 126 with no front seats, good job I've got long legs!  :D
Every cloud has one...

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Front Seats
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2017, 09:24:59 AM »
Checked out the seats in my garage this morning. They must be either Bis or later 126. One is worn on the blue/grey fabric. Recliners with head rests. Also have the rear upright section. Only got the late 70's type dash parts. Also dug out some bits of 126P black plastic side trim, heater parts, seat belts etc. Loads more bits new and used for 500s & 126s.

midvillesb

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 173
  • Karma: 2
Re: Front Seats
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2017, 09:31:10 AM »
I'll be travelling with a van from near Rusty's to York at end of July / early Aug if that helps...