Author Topic: pricey bike engined 126..  (Read 2160 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andyzeetec

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 533
  • Karma: 5
  • 126 BIS
  • Location: East Sussex, Uk

Gadge

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1353
  • Karma: 15
  • Location: Warwickshire
Re: pricey bike engined 126..
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 10:10:47 AM »
Not a bad effort I must say but the engine on the back seat shows all the problems of this type of conversion - the wall behind the drivers seat makes the cockpit very confined plus chain drive and a very high engine position. It's a shame the builder didn't opt for somehow installing it in the back onto the original 126 box.
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D

drcdb15

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 511
  • Karma: 6
  • Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex
Re: pricey bike engined 126..
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 03:04:06 PM »
the wall behind the drivers seat makes the cockpit very confined plus chain drive and a very high engine position. It's a shame the builder didn't opt for somehow installing it in the back onto the original 126 box.

But in fairness he says it was built as a competition car. Even though it seems to be road legal, he is right when he says "if you want a Sunday afternoon cruiser, this isn't it" (I paraphrase). If the primary objective is to get up a very steep hill in a very short time, it would be somewhat surprising if there was room for a family's weekly shop and three of your mates too!

Gadge

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1353
  • Karma: 15
  • Location: Warwickshire
Re: pricey bike engined 126..
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 03:18:46 PM »

But in fairness he says it was built as a competition car. Even though it seems to be road legal, he is right when he says "if you want a Sunday afternoon cruiser, this isn't it" (I paraphrase). If the primary objective is to get up a very steep hill in a very short time, it would be somewhat surprising if there was room for a family's weekly shop and three of your mates too!

I didn't even know it was road legal  :o I just assumed it was a track car. The wall in the back is too much for my liking, I would feel cramped and trapped but it's better that being gassed I suppose  ;D
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D