Author Topic: this forum has died whats wrong  (Read 7581 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

shielsy

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 721
  • Karma: 0
this forum has died whats wrong
« on: July 09, 2016, 12:51:22 AM »
>>>>>>>>>>>>>??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ChrisRLewis

  • Administrator
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1723
  • Karma: 25
    • Club126uk
  • Location: Swansea, UK
Re: this forum has died whats wrong
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 11:36:51 AM »
Please explain?

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: this forum has died whats wrong
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 08:37:16 PM »
Owen you are a naughty boy  :o
I saw the time of day you posted that so you might have had a good night out then looked for a bit of Fiat enthralment and stimulation before you hit the sack. I know when I am at a loose end I might click on the forum to see if there is anything interesting going on. It is great when something new or exciting pops up and you personally have provided a lot of genuine interest on the forum with your projects. I think that the traffic on the forum varies unlike the bloody M25 so not only do you have contributions and observations from people from around the world but you also have enthusiasts from mid teens , pre driving age, to what you might describe as more "experienced" folk like myself  ;D
If you think that this forum is dead then I think that some of the other Fiat related forums are pretty much like the Dead Sea Scrolls or are fossilised with intervals between posts sometimes happening after days if not weeks. I personally do not know of of any other Fiat 126 forums that have more interest than this one and are in English so I think that it is a case of love the one you're with.
Some people are 126 & 500 "lifers" and it is in their blood then others get the bug then quickly burn out like a bright star or often with engine replacements not so bright  :$
In my 40+ years of classic cars and clubs that is totally normal behaviour but in the meantime I think that you have to give a little credit and respect to the forum administrators who keep this site going out of enthusiasm and for no personal gain.
We could get the forum defibrillator out and have a heated debate now  :D



shielsy

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 721
  • Karma: 0
Re: this forum has died whats wrong
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 10:24:28 PM »
i only meant that its gone quite , is no one posting resto pics my favorite subject lol ,  i like this forum , and them on it

Xylaquin

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 419
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: Orkney, Scotland
Re: this forum has died whats wrong
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 04:00:55 PM »
I think some activity has lapsed onto Facebook.

shielsy

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 721
  • Karma: 0
Re: this forum has died whats wrong
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 04:39:08 PM »
lol dont do face book

Xylaquin

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 419
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: Orkney, Scotland
Re: this forum has died whats wrong
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 04:44:10 PM »
lol, lucky you. I think you're right though, I expected a few more posts during these summer weeks, but I guess everyone's got their 126 up and running... not needing restored.

mintex

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 496
  • Karma: 5
  • Location: Wrexham wales.
Re: this forum has died whats wrong
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2016, 06:41:47 PM »
I will be posting more about ours soon as it's getting taxed on tuesday and back on the road  :yahoo:   will only be general posts though as nothing needs doing, well not at the minute lol  :)
Dave

shielsy

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 721
  • Karma: 0
Re: this forum has died whats wrong
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2016, 09:38:18 PM »
put up other resto just to keep it floating and every one in good form lol

AvB

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 187
  • Karma: 1
    • Club 126UK
  • Location: Havana, Cuba
Re: this forum has died whats wrong
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 11:57:37 PM »
i dont think it has died ... what i think its people just got their 126s in good shape!! :)

1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: this forum has died whats wrong
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2016, 07:49:32 AM »
 I think considering how few of these cars are in the UK the traffic on the forum is pretty good.
 Also I don`t post much as I`m busy fixing my 126 most of the time :P
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

amam

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 132
  • Karma: 0
Re: this forum has died whats wrong
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2016, 07:27:02 PM »
I think some activity has lapsed onto Facebook.

why is there a fb page?

stuey

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1409
  • Karma: 14
  • Location: kings lynn
Re: this forum has died whats wrong
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2016, 07:59:52 PM »
I'll have plenty of updates once the lazy MutherFudger who is supposed to be painting it gets his finger out!!!!! getting more than frustrated now!
one resprayed and another arrives- double trouble BIS style!!

1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: this forum has died whats wrong
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2016, 08:07:25 PM »
 I don`t think the FB page is directly related to this forum?

 
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

shielsy

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 721
  • Karma: 0
Re: this forum has died whats wrong
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2016, 10:23:59 PM »
ah well i got everyone talking lol  ;D