Author Topic: Am I too tall? and others  (Read 2376 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

franciscollie

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
  • Location: Cheltenham
Am I too tall? and others
« on: June 20, 2016, 06:00:13 PM »
Hi,
I am 6'6 and looking into buying one of these beauties. will I able to cram my body into one of these and not end up with severe back and neck problems. Also what is like to drive it on long journeys? i.e will it go at any sort of speed and how noisy is it?
thanks,
Francis

BadBoyBakewell

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: 0
Re: Am I too tall? and others
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 10:08:59 AM »
You'll fit ok. Whether you'll be comfortable is a very different kettle of fish ;-)

126 are not really a 'long distance' cruiser, but as with any classic, it'll cope with a big journey if you respect the car and keep the speeds down...

Xylaquin

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 419
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: Orkney, Scotland
Re: Am I too tall? and others
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 10:19:13 AM »
I find the 126 comfortable, and I drove it for 7 hours!
It's noisy, but you get used to the sound I think... that is until you get to the silent hotel room, try to sleep and realise you can still hear the engine in your ears.

I intend to go to Retro Rides this year, which is in Worcestershire. I live in Orkney. Will let you know how that goes  :D

craigdiver

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 38
  • Karma: 1
  • Fiat 126 ELX
  • Location: St Andrews, Fife, Scotland
Re: Am I too tall? and others
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 08:55:49 PM »
I intend to go to Retro Rides this year, which is in Worcestershire. I live in Orkney. Will let you know how that goes  :D

Still thinking about going, anyone know if weekend tickets still available?
If it ain't broken, fix it anyway (just because).

Pete126

  • Administrator
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3369
  • Karma: 35
  • Location: West Yorkshire
Re: Am I too tall? and others
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 09:16:07 PM »
Unfortunately the weekend tickets sold out 10 days after they were released, the only way to get tickets is on the [ Retro Rides Forum ] and put your name on the list
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

craigdiver

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 38
  • Karma: 1
  • Fiat 126 ELX
  • Location: St Andrews, Fife, Scotland
Re: Am I too tall? and others
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 10:31:51 PM »
Unfortunately the weekend tickets sold out 10 days after they were released, the only way to get tickets is on the [ Retro Rides Forum ] and put your name on the list

Sorry for hijacking the thread, thanks Pete126, ill make sure I get tickets for next year to show off my 126 😀
If it ain't broken, fix it anyway (just because).