Author Topic: First drive  (Read 3163 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dadandlad

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 298
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: Halifax West Yorkshire UK
First drive
« on: March 12, 2016, 07:27:31 PM »
I had my first drive of the Bis today down the street and back
What did I think ?

Bloody awful

She isn't quite finished yet so will get her complete and through MOT and then I have some serious thinking to do as to wether I keep her or not  :(

Xylaquin

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 419
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: Orkney, Scotland
Re: First drive
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 08:46:42 PM »
I'm not surprised since the car has been "run-in" per se and you only went a short distance; but what was so bad about it?

Gadge

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1353
  • Karma: 15
  • Location: Warwickshire
Re: First drive
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 09:02:25 PM »
Why so sad? You weren't expecting a Rolls Royce ride quality with superior road holding were you?
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D

mintex

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 496
  • Karma: 5
  • Location: Wrexham wales.
Re: First drive
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 09:27:51 PM »
What was so bad about it bud  :(

When i drive my bis it always makes me smile  ;D
Dave

Gadge

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1353
  • Karma: 15
  • Location: Warwickshire
Re: First drive
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 09:52:19 PM »
Me too :D ok it's noisey and everyone looks at you but it fills me with joy :)
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D

dadandlad

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 298
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: Halifax West Yorkshire UK
Re: First drive
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 07:29:34 AM »
I really don't know what I was expecting but I do need to put some miles in to get a proper feel for her
Noisy,bouncy,strange driving position
I did have a big grin on my face so not all bad

Gadge

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1353
  • Karma: 15
  • Location: Warwickshire
Re: First drive
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 09:28:02 AM »
Noisey, bouncey strange position .......yeah that's pretty much normal I'm afraid  ::)
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: First drive
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 10:45:29 AM »
Sounds like we need to get you out on a convoy this summer, Mark, once all our cars are back on the road...it will grow on you!  ;D
Every cloud has one...

Scarlettkitten

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 105
  • Karma: 0
  • Location: Midlands, UK
Re: First drive
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 06:19:58 PM »
Noisey, bouncey strange position .......yeah that's pretty much normal I'm afraid  ::)

yep that's spot on :D
1990 126 BIS

dadandlad

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 298
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: Halifax West Yorkshire UK
Re: First drive
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 06:35:38 PM »
  ;D ;D ;D
I thought as much and I am sure she will grow on me

skoda_norman

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 115
  • Karma: 0
Re: First drive
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 07:57:48 PM »
Sounds like you want a Ford Focus ;) Old cars are supposed to be rubbish, that is what makes them so much fun and addictive. It is a unique driving experience.

Early126

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 63
  • Karma: 1
  • Location: Leafield
Re: First drive
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 04:22:28 PM »
Sounds like we need to get you out on a convoy this summer, Mark, once all our cars are back on the road...it will grow on you!  ;D

Convoy sounds like a giggle ! Where n when?

mintex

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 496
  • Karma: 5
  • Location: Wrexham wales.
Re: First drive
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2016, 06:15:29 PM »
Id like to join in a convoy but depends where as im in wrexham
Dave