Hi guys

.
I've been collecting as much info in RHF/RHB turbos as possible and I ended up winning an auction for a Daihatsu IHI RHF VQ38 (turbine housing AR of 7) turbo... I don't think this is a ball bearing turbo which would of been the ideal and lots of the awesome looking daihatsu 12v 3 cylinder 660cc motors are running. Kei cars limited in power to about 63-64bhp by regulations capable of alot more! Madness that I quite enjoy the thought of playing with. There is also the VG7 trim from a honda life would of been a good option to I feel... they are both ball bearing options. As is perhaps the VQ50 from a daihatsu copen... cost about £500 to get one imported I imagine

. We will see how much I get stung on postage fees on this one first! At the moment its cost me:
(Unit Price x Quantity of Items) + Buyee Service Fee + Payment Fee)
(3,000 yen ×1 item(s)) + 500 yen + 200 yen
I expect the postage is going to sky rocket 30-40k yen perhaps which will really p me off

. lol.
The VQ38 seems to be used on the EF-RL engine in a "Daihatsu L602 Move" and also a Terios 4*4 diesel... The scheme of things tends to suggest the diesels cars ran a higher turbine housing AR. Garrett states that this moves the power further up into higher RPM band and tends to suit larger displacements... most Diesel turbo variants seem to have a higher AR. I guess they do need more air than a petrol car to reach Stoich though.
I ended up looking at Fiat 1.4 t-jet turbos, in particular the 120bhp variant I feel should be a good match for the desired pressure of 19.2psi (VL37/possibly VL39 - higher flow for euro 5 emissions perhaps, although still not totally sure on the variances). Another option is an MGT1238SZ which i've not managed to locate, I believe this could be an awesome variety. The other 1.4 spec turbos won't spool up and provide the required boost in the kind of RPM range our little cars operate within however those T-jets can be turned into fire spitting monsters with a good turbo setup! An interesting read here and one of the only places I found compressor maps for any of the RHF3 turbos:
www.ingas-eu.org/docs/741.doc. Using the spreadsheet referenced in an earlier thread you can see what kind of air flow these turbo's are suited for when plugging in the specs on the 1368cc cylinder t-jet.
I ended up buying one from ebay.it for £180 used but looking quite clean... I might also have another on the cards but I need to stop spending this cash I need to find first

.
A delay in the whole scheme of things is the fact that I bought a 3-1 welder to make up an exhaust firstly, however I need to become familiar with the circuits and start diagnosing whats happening there... the size of the caps in there are a little scary! Hopefully I can get that up and running so I can start fabricating something

.
As for twin turbo... I think there are turbos small enough if you can find them. Aisin AMT30, Mitsubishi TD015, Borg Warner KP31... they look like they'd all make awesome twin turbos... used on small 1 litre diesels

.