Club126UK
For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: blackpanther13 on June 09, 2011, 06:29:03 PM
-
Hi,
Where do u normally buy these tyres? I tried the local garages but they couldn't help :(
-
Hi hope you guys are OK since you paid me a visit. If you are looking for standard 126 tyres you should be asking for 135 R 12. I just checked some in my shed and I noticed that some makes add the 65 after the code but not sure of the significance as it is not the profile :)
-
Hi hope you guys are OK since you paid me a visit. If you are looking for standard 126 tyres you should be asking for 135 R 12. I just checked some in my shed and I noticed that some makes add the 65 after the code but not sure of the significance as it is not the profile :)
Hi,
Thx. I hope someone is coming up with a company name who would deal with these tyres. We are fine, we have a daughter who was born on the 27th of May. :) Happy days!
-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tyre-135x12-Fiat-500-126-/380342130410?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item588e2856ea#ht_1449wt_905
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-500-126-135-R12-TYRES-SET-4-BRAND-NEW-/200436213592?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eaaede758#ht_1044wt_905
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/135-x-12-TYRE-FIRESTONE-FIAT-500-126-MORE-/280692426024?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415a928528#ht_500wt_1156
-
or mytyres.co.uk
like rusty says they are probably 135/80/12 and I can also confirm that some tyres have a 65 mark, which is nothing to do with the size of the tyre.
-
[/quote]
Hi,
Thx. I hope someone is coming up with a company name who would deal with these tyres. We are fine, we have a daughter who was born on the 27th of May. :) Happy days!
[/quote]
Congratulations , I wondered how you guys got on :)
The price difference between mrtyres & those other well known Fiat part suppliers is eye watering :o
I have got 5 part worn 135s up in the shed ( green-fly likes to be informed about my stock ;D )
I am just about to refit some 145 70 12 tyres to a set of rims. Just waiting for the tubeless valve fitting tool to arrive from eBay .
-
126FAN guys do them from 30 Euros each in there shop under wheels, drop them a pm for the shipping costs :D
-
Just waiting for the tubeless valve fitting tool to arrive from eBay .
What type of tubeless valve fitting tool are you getting, or an ebay link? I am also after one ;)
-
Chris , you know what I am like with computer tech so I have cut & paste the item title
PROFESSIONAL USE METAL TUBELESS TYRE VALVE PULLER TOOL
£2.79 and free postage :D
I will let you know what it is like when it arrives.
Pete , have a look on Mrtyres , no need to go to Slovakia ;)
-
The postman has just been and this item is a heavy duty bit of kit & it amazes me they can do these for that price as if I had to post it it would have been £1.23 just for the stamps. As a universal tool it is better suited to wider wheels with a deeper well but just by putting a small wooden block against the rim you get a good lever angle & hey presto valve fitted in seconds :D
Now to get the rubber mallet out for some serious tyre fitting ::)
-
I have just been trying to get hold of some 135/80/12 for my 126 with little joy from the internet. Alot of websites advetise them, you order them, they then tell you that that can not get hold of them! The only one I had any joy with was topgear.co.uk...they quoted as follows:
Please find below a list of budget and mid range tyres availible from europe,
TRAYAL T400 135/80/12 68T- £27.30 INC VAT EACH
DEBICA PASSIO 135/80/12 68T- £27.40 INC VAT EACH
SAVA EFFECTA 135/80/12 68T- £27.60 INC VAT EACH
FALKEN OHTSU 135/80/12 68T- £31.50 INC VAT EACH
DEBICA NAVIGATOR 135/80/12 68T- £39.90 INC VAT EACH
Hope this helps...
-
PROFESSIONAL USE METAL TUBELESS TYRE VALVE PULLER TOOL
£2.79 and free postage :D
Cheers rusty just ordered one, seems a bargain!
-
I have just been trying to get hold of some 135/80/12 for my 126 with little joy from the internet. Alot of websites advetise them, you order them, they then tell you that that can not get hold of them! The only one I had any joy with was topgear.co.uk...they quoted as follows:
Please find below a list of budget and mid range tyres availible from europe,
TRAYAL T400 135/80/12 68T- £27.30 INC VAT EACH
DEBICA PASSIO 135/80/12 68T- £27.40 INC VAT EACH
SAVA EFFECTA 135/80/12 68T- £27.60 INC VAT EACH
FALKEN OHTSU 135/80/12 68T- £31.50 INC VAT EACH
DEBICA NAVIGATOR 135/80/12 68T- £39.90 INC VAT EACH
Hope this helps...
Sounds good!
Do you know if the minilite alloys would fit okay is it the right size and also 4x98 the distance?
-
I just bought a set of 12†minator (minilite copys) wheels from Midland Wheels for £375, that was with a set of 165/60/12 Falken tyres, wheel bolts and centre caps delivered! I thought that was a pretty good deal. They are 4x98 PCD (which I believe is standard for all Fiat/Lancia/Alfa etc…)
They fit perfectly with no rubbing. The only thing that you have to “mod†is remove the original steel wheel alignment pin from the brake drum and fit a bolt in its place.
If your unsure what you want, give them a call, they are really helpful.
I will upload some pics when I get a minute.
-
I just bought a set of 12†minator (minilite copys) wheels from Midland Wheels for £375, that was with a set of 165/60/12 Falken tyres, wheel bolts and centre caps delivered! I thought that was a pretty good deal. They are 4x98 PCD (which I believe is standard for all Fiat/Lancia/Alfa etc…)
They fit perfectly with no rubbing. The only thing that you have to “mod†is remove the original steel wheel alignment pin from the brake drum and fit a bolt in its place.
If your unsure what you want, give them a call, they are really helpful.
I will upload some pics when I get a minute.
Local garage will do the tyres for me. Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of the original painting from the wheels? That plastic coating type of thing as it seems to be very stubborn. Maybe someone knows some cruel staff... :)
-
I've just taken my 500 wheels in for powder coating, the grey they do is pretty much the same as they were, amazingly they just called it wheel silver and said it needed a gloss..powder gloss is a first for me but hey ho. Can't be putting-up with rubbish paint on rims so powder coat I thought was the way to go.
When the wheels were done they looked real good, so decided to try fitting the tyre myself which I did as the tyres are new with my hands only. There was no need to use tyre levers at all.
I chuckled at the purchase of tools and the like as the tubeless valves I used pushed-in with a bit of lube :P
Maybe my hands are like spanners :$
-
If you are talking about standard original wheel rims that you have fitted with tubeless tyres then you may have a big problem there as those rims were not designed to take tubeless tyres. The reason why you can fit them so easily is because the inner tube was meant to take & spread the load with no need for a seal on the bead, very much like bicycle tyres, as opposed to tubeless where the design relies upon the integrity of the rim and a close fitting bead on the tyre.
-
I did the two rear ones with tubes and it was just as easy.
The tyres state they can be tubeless and measured the lip etc compared to a alloy I have run tubeless and it was very similar.
Personally I cannot see a possible 30hp ever causing issues to them.
I will hurt the tyres on a test to me sure to be sure :-
-
Ordered some tyres finally from Hungary. It seemed to be impossible to buy them here (local garage received some from the suppliers but sent them back as they were 11 (!!) years old...
On topgear homepage there were some good deals but turned out they don't have them in stock but can get them for me in 2 months time. Not good enough :)
So they are coming from Hungary and we have to pick them up in St Albans. Not easy with a unique car is it? :)