Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: Bar Vitelli on June 24, 2017, 09:05:19 AM

Title: Front Seats
Post by: Bar Vitelli on June 24, 2017, 09:05:19 AM
Anyone got a cheap set of front seats for sale? Preferably light coloured fabric rather than vinyl but anything considered. Can do cash or swap for a few air cooled bits e.g. chrome bonnet lock, black rubber bits that go on bonnet to keep rain out, black petrol cap with key, a Fiat 126 Autobooks manual and a fuel pump. 😄
Title: Re: Front Seats
Post by: Flying Carpet on June 25, 2017, 03:24:29 PM
Hi
I've got a pair of BIS front seats if they're any use?
They're in good condition (no holes or tears) and clean, which is surprising given the light colour! Also a pair of matching door cards, slight fray on one but no rips or holes.
Let me know if you're interested....
Title: Re: Front Seats
Post by: Bar Vitelli on June 25, 2017, 04:47:27 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'm interested but Bodmin is a killer trip, I did it last year (to buy a 126!) so not sure how I'd collect. Out of interest, what sort of price are you after? I know someone else who needs some for a BIS (I'm after some for an aircooled).
Title: Re: Front Seats
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on June 25, 2017, 05:14:31 PM
I have got some , think they are Bis, seats in my garage. I will have to look deeper.  :)
Title: Re: Front Seats
Post by: Bar Vitelli on June 25, 2017, 05:39:49 PM
Thanks, Rusty, you are always deep!  ;)
Title: Re: Front Seats
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on June 25, 2017, 06:19:17 PM
Thanks, Rusty, you are always deep!  ;)
But my waters are not still and I do not do a lot of running these days  ;D
I had a look and the seats look like Bis with the grey fabric tops & vinyl backs and the solid grey headrests. Looks like I have the rears as well.
Title: Re: Front Seats
Post by: Bar Vitelli on June 25, 2017, 11:22:12 PM
Oh, Rusty, I do miss you, I only met you once but you made an impression, you remind me of me when I was young. I had 3 pints of Maverick tonight from the Argyll brewery and toasted you with each one. How much for the seats? I'm in London soon so may be able to collect.
Title: Re: Front Seats
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on June 26, 2017, 09:36:07 PM
Oh, Rusty, I do miss you, I only met you once but you made an impression, you remind me of me when I was young. I had 3 pints of Maverick tonight from the Argyll brewery and toasted you with each one. How much for the seats? I'm in London soon so may be able to collect.
Oh BV I had no idea that you felt the same, that true spontaneous love  :yikes
Was it just the once that we crossed paths. I feel that I have known you for a million years  :)
Must have been those endless questions  :P
So pleased about this love, this special thing we share from afar  :D
Our love of the 126s  ;D now go easy on that Maverick I am on my tenth pint of Scimshaws Old Collywobble & drinking trying to forget you  ;D
If I remember I will check out those seats...............
Title: Re: Front Seats
Post by: drcdb15 on June 26, 2017, 10:26:01 PM
Well this is a bit rich. Last September I seem to recall some rather disparaging innuendo about my perfectly innocent suggestions for the Club Calendar

http://club126uk.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=10588.0

with some rather graphic imagery regarding regurgitation of his evening meal by one certain "BV" ...

and now here is that same persona openly, nay *recklessly*, flaunting his passions in open Forum !

Up with this we must not put ! This is a Family Forum (the 126 family), so I say "Cool your ardours, good sirs, lest we corrupt others with your moral terpitudes!"

Shock! Horror! Whatever is the world coming to ??? I think we should be told  !!
Title: Re: Front Seats
Post by: Bar Vitelli on June 30, 2017, 09:32:50 PM
Well, I'm glad that you are having a drink, Rusty, have a few more and click Buy it Now on some of my eBay listings! I've sold 5 things this week from my trunk of junk which will help supplement my pension now that I am retired!

It's quite interesting, actually, seeing the different people across the country buying 126 parts, people you've never heard of, there must be more of our cars out there than we realised!

I'd really like that green 126 De Ville that's for sale at the moment, it's the same colour as yours, we would be twins!

 ;D
Title: Re: Front Seats
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on July 01, 2017, 05:21:32 PM
Well, I'm glad that you are having a drink, Rusty, have a few more and click Buy it Now on some of my eBay listings!
I'd really like that green 126 De Ville that's for sale at the moment, it's the same colour as yours, we would be twins!

 ;D

I checked out your listings but I was really looking for an old worn out pair of shoes and there are none there :P
Yes that green car will be a great project in the right hands.
So are you still looking for seats?
Title: Re: Front Seats
Post by: Flying Carpet on July 03, 2017, 09:21:31 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'm interested but Bodmin is a killer trip, I did it last year (to buy a 126!) so not sure how I'd collect. Out of interest, what sort of price are you after? I know someone else who needs some for a BIS (I'm after some for an aircooled).
Sorry BV, only just noticed your post (http://club126uk.co.uk/forum/Smileys/SoLoSMiLeYS1/redface.gif)
You're right, Bodmin is a killer trip thanks to the roadworks, and I'm only 6 miles away!(http://club126uk.co.uk/forum/Smileys/SoLoSMiLeYS1/grin.gif)
Dunno what seems right for a pair of seats - Junior is still trying to fund his project so forty for the pair?
Title: Re: Front Seats
Post by: Bar Vitelli on July 03, 2017, 09:54:20 PM
Thanks, Flying Carpet (and Rusty), that's a bargain price but I think it will cost too much to get them up North. I'll keep it in mind and if my travels take me close to where you are I'll get in touch. Until then I've got a 126 with no front seats, good job I've got long legs!  :D
Title: Re: Front Seats
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on July 04, 2017, 09:24:59 AM
Checked out the seats in my garage this morning. They must be either Bis or later 126. One is worn on the blue/grey fabric. Recliners with head rests. Also have the rear upright section. Only got the late 70's type dash parts. Also dug out some bits of 126P black plastic side trim, heater parts, seat belts etc. Loads more bits new and used for 500s & 126s.
Title: Re: Front Seats
Post by: midvillesb on July 04, 2017, 09:31:10 AM
I'll be travelling with a van from near Rusty's to York at end of July / early Aug if that helps...
Title: Re: Front Seats
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on July 04, 2017, 10:12:41 PM
Hey Mike is your message box full by any chance?
Title: Re: Front Seats
Post by: midvillesb on July 04, 2017, 10:23:40 PM
Sorry Rusty, my messages have gone a bit haywire since I moved on to Tapatalk - just messaged you the old fashioned way through the interweb...
Title: Re: Front Seats
Post by: dombooth on July 10, 2017, 05:58:58 PM
I have a pair of front seats with headrests. If you want pics let me know
Title: Re: Front Seats
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on July 10, 2017, 07:03:39 PM
I think that looking for that great set of used seats that will fit a possibly 40+ year old car is getting more & more unlikely and a bit of a a pipe dream. If you have a good set of seat frames then you can buy new foam parts and covers or you can have covers made to your requirements then you can get the seats you want  :D
Title: Re: Front Seats
Post by: Xylaquin on July 10, 2017, 07:44:36 PM
You English are a bunch of pansies! Halifax to Cornwall a killer trip? I do that and back one weekend every month!  :P With haggis in my belly, bagpipes in one arm and the 126 steering wheel in the other, I can't help but shout FREEEEEEDDDOOOOOMMM!! as I head down the A9


But anyway...if your frames are decent why not just have Flying Carpet post the fabric and foam?
Title: Re: Front Seats
Post by: Bar Vitelli on July 11, 2017, 08:01:07 AM
Thanks, Rusty, Mike and Dom, I've sent PMs.  ;D

Title: Re: Front Seats
Post by: Flying Carpet on July 22, 2017, 10:17:00 AM
If you haven't already seen this eBay ad, it might be of interest? Still got a couple of days to go...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-126-Air-Cooled-Bis-Interior-parts-Low-start-no-reserve/172784245180?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-126-Air-Cooled-Bis-Interior-parts-Low-start-no-reserve/172784245180?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649)
Title: Re: Front Seats
Post by: Bar Vitelli on July 22, 2017, 05:21:56 PM
Thanks for that, I saw the advertisement and 2 of the chairs are a perfect match for the car but the seller wants to sell all or nothing so a bit tricky as getting 9 seats back in my 126 might prove a challenge!  :(