Author Topic: Rusty cylinders  (Read 6452 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Da Londo

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 287
  • Karma: 0
  • It's not the carb size that matters, it's the jet
    • Fiat 126 blog
  • Location: Maasmechelen, Belgium
Re: Rusty cylinders
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2015, 03:09:25 PM »
So that woild be a light sanding with 150 grit? I thought that was the worst one could be doing to the bores?

gammakeith

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 137
  • Karma: 4
Re: Rusty cylinders
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2015, 04:49:32 PM »
Only if you don't clean them afterwards  ;D  Apparently, if rings are proving reluctant to seal after an engine rebuild then introducing powdered Vim via the air intake can work  :o  I've never tried it myself as the cheap glaze buster I got from Machine Mart has always worked fine (as did the manual method before that).

Keith