Author Topic: seeking 126 to buy  (Read 8354 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Chewy

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 27
  • Karma: 0
Re: seeking 126 to buy
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 06:28:40 AM »
Very cheeky question but how old are you?

I'm 23 and insuring my import is a ball ache every year. I get quotes for £1300+ from all the regulars, Adrian flux etc. I know I don't live in the greatest area but come on, more pounds than cc's? No thanks.

I managed to convince a nice gentleman at Lancaster insurance to do it for £300 but it took some finding and i have no doubt that as usual the renewal will come through at £1 000 000.

Seabee1978126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 155
  • Karma: 0
  • YOU DONT LIKE US UNTIL YOU NEED US
Re: seeking 126 to buy
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 08:45:16 AM »
That insurance is crazy! Im 27 and I pay about $360 every 3 months here in Italy. When I get back to the U.S. with the 126, im looking at about maybe $100 per year! I wonder why it costs so much for you guys and gals in the UK???

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: seeking 126 to buy
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 08:45:43 AM »
I'm 34, my wife is 31 but only been driving two years. Car is actually hers so insured in her name, parked on the street and she is a bar manager, I am a named driver. £240 fully comp.

Marc

Chewy

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 27
  • Karma: 0
Re: seeking 126 to buy
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 10:01:51 AM »
Marc, is that classic insurance? I can't get a classic policy until I'm 25.

First thing I'm going to do when I'm 25 is buy a massive v8 :D

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: seeking 126 to buy
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 11:38:10 AM »
Not classic, think it is with Swinton via a comparison site.


Marc

kev126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 473
  • Karma: 6
  • Built not bought
Re: seeking 126 to buy
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 05:48:24 PM »
I was 22 when I insured my BIS and it cost me £349 fully comp with Churchill.
1989 Fiat 126 BIS

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: seeking 126 to buy
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 06:05:02 PM »
try Lancaster My 126 I used to pay about £90 a year

or try http://www.hagertyinsurance.co.uk/  there is a very nice little value my classic part too.

My austin is now a whopping £101 a year fully com with Hagerty

classicfan

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 19
  • Karma: 0
Re: seeking 126 to buy
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 06:26:21 PM »
thanks for the info marc, ive printed your post off so i can make a tick list of things to check when i go to look at a car.
i will have £1,200-£1,300 saved by the end of this week so the fund is going up, unfortunatly so is demand for it, thanks to the local "king john" council, chasing me through the shire after taxes.
ive also put my shotguns up for sale to help finance a 126, this should give me £500-£600 extra to spend.
would help a great deal if i could flog my lorry horse box too, its never used anymore.
wonder if i would get away with selling the wife on ebay?? that would add another £50 to the fund, shame my grandmothers dead, a pair are worth more lol.
im 40 yrs old so will expect insurance under £100 pa, car will be garaged in a "low risk" area for theft and vehicle crime.

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: seeking 126 to buy
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2013, 06:31:00 PM »
You could use the horse box as a garage for the 126.

classicfan

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 19
  • Karma: 0
Re: seeking 126 to buy
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2013, 06:47:32 PM »
it would fit too, only problem is the horse box is parked at the stable yard where she keeps her horse,
5 miles away.
just been told the lorry needs new battery's now too!!! ( #1 tip, never buy a lorry)

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: seeking 126 to buy
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2013, 07:00:42 PM »
Lived in a 1965 Bedford VAS1 Duple Bella Vista, mechanically brilliant, wood worm was problematic though.

classicfan

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 19
  • Karma: 0
Re: seeking 126 to buy
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2013, 08:22:54 PM »
brilliant, love it.
i lived in a ford A510 ambulance , wich i converted into a camper, for 8 months, i didnt realy need to live in it but i was young at the time and it was cool living on my freinds farm yard with the cows and chickens as neighbours.
i planned to travel around a little bit with it, but it was sooooo heavy on fuel i could only afford to drive it for like 20 miles at a time. ( 2.8l petrol transit engine i think)
i wanted to build the horsebox into a camper ( more like 5 star mobile hotel lol) but the mrs wouldnt hear of it, wish i did now , it would be worth a lot more than its current form.

Kent126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 955
  • Karma: 5
  • Closer every day to getting on the road....
    • Facebook Profile
  • Location: Dorset, UK
Re: seeking 126 to buy
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2013, 08:36:49 PM »
I will have a 1980 low mileage deville up for sale soon. Really good runner, lovely engine and good all round car. Will appear in the for sale section soon.

Regards,
Tom
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP

DeVilleChris

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1217
  • Karma: 7
    • Club 126 UK
Re: seeking 126 to buy
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2013, 09:00:51 PM »
With regards to insurance, as I'm 19 it cost me £2300...
Id love 1300 ha
1979 Fiat 126 DeVille
1979 Fiat 900T Amigo

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: seeking 126 to buy
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2013, 09:14:18 PM »
£2300 :o :o That's what I got quoted for my very tuned ex police 24v dual ram 3litre Senator when I was 22!!