Dear All,
I will soon be advertising my 1983 126. It is aircooled, right hand drive, less than 10K miles, original but tuned for performance and handling. It has never been restored and is Fiat red/orange in colour.
I have been a Fiat enthusiast for years having owned many 500's and Steyr Puch's. At 57 years of age comfort is becoming an inevitable priority. So my car will be for sale. It is standard in appearence though sits slightly lower on the uprated springs and bilstein dampers. It has disc brakes and modifications too numerous to mention here. It produces in excess of 40bhp from the 700cc engine. It will cruise reliably at the legal limit with the high ratio differential and goes on to top an ear splitting 85mph.
It will be expensive, with agreed insurance valuation at the maximum allowed for the 126 of £3,500.
This is one of the best original RHD cars in the country, garaged all it's life.
I understand most of you reading this enjoy the 126 for its simplicity and economy. But we all end up trying to improve the cars performance and handling. Save yourself the time and effort. This car has been developed tastefully with attention to detail. All original parts have been retained and can be refitted if required.
I live in Chester. If interested please reply with your email address for recent photo's of my car.
UPDATE 7/10/2010 CAR LOCATED CHESTER
Specification for my car:
ENGINE
700cc barrel and piston kit
Polished uprated con rods
Standard crank
Uprated solid alloy front and rear main bearings
Abarth camshaft
Lightened flywheel
Uprated clutch assembly
Pistons, conrods, crank, flywheel,clutch assy, oil filter - Dynamically Balanced
Panda 30 head machined to 10.5:1 C/R
Nanni, inlet manifold
Webber 30 DGF carb - Re jetted and rolling road tuned
Nanni alloy sump
High efficiency performance exhaust - No reversion when cold!
TRANSMISSION
Bis high ratio gearbox
New rubber seals
Totally silent
SUSPENSION
Six leaf heavy duty profiled front spring
Heavy duty lowered rear springs
Bilstien dampers front/rear
DISC Brakes
INTERIOR
Veglia two dial instrument binnacle (speedo/revcounter) - Reads in Kilometers
Rear seat belts
FSM steering wheel
Interior appears standard to the none enthusiast
Insurance valuation is not the asking price but is an indication of the condition. I would consider offers towards £3k. I understand that could buy three decent cars but as previously stated this car is exceptional. Please reserve your judgment until you view the images.
This car still has it's factory fresh paint and has never been restored. All the original components have been retained. Recent new tyres fitted due to ageing of originals.
Come and view the car with no obligation. Chester is a desirable tourist/shopping destination.
Pete the site administrator, has kindly included a picture below. I will continue to send him more but am unable to reduce their size. I do not wish to overburden him and they may appear but at his discretion.
Best regards,
Trevor