Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Club126UK
»
For Sale & Wanted
»
For Sale:
»
Greenfly
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: Greenfly (Read 3248 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Bar Vitelli
Subscriber VIP+
Super Member
Posts: 1612
Karma: 16
Location: Halifax
Greenfly
«
on:
October 09, 2017, 05:52:37 PM »
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C921629
Logged
Every cloud has one...
Amateb8
Subscribers
Super Member
Posts: 2148
Karma: 8
Location: London
Re: Greenfly
«
Reply #1 on:
October 09, 2017, 09:12:57 PM »
Yep, I saw that too. It is lovely as ever. They have taken off the plastic covering door panels and seats.
Logged
midvillesb
Subscriber VIP+
Super Member
Posts: 173
Karma: 2
Re: Greenfly
«
Reply #2 on:
October 09, 2017, 10:25:08 PM »
There's inflation for you... I wish I'd bought it for £3,000 when it was for sale in 2006!
Logged
Bar Vitelli
Subscriber VIP+
Super Member
Posts: 1612
Karma: 16
Location: Halifax
Re: Greenfly
«
Reply #3 on:
October 09, 2017, 11:00:48 PM »
I wish I'd bought it for £4400 when it was for sale in 2007!
Logged
Every cloud has one...
1973/126
Super Member
Posts: 1753
Karma: 23
Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: Greenfly
«
Reply #4 on:
October 10, 2017, 07:52:11 AM »
The strange thing is that it is being sold by the same trader as a year or so ago. Not sure if it is just sitting in they showroom, or if they are using it, but I guess at that price it will take a while to sell.
Logged
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126
Gadge
Subscribers
Super Member
Posts: 1353
Karma: 15
Location: Warwickshire
Re: Greenfly
«
Reply #5 on:
October 10, 2017, 09:33:25 AM »
Beautiful car
not sure it’s woryh that price though. It’s no wonder that people get over optimistic when selling their 126s on eBay if this price is what they are doing their reserch on
Logged
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME
GET SOCIALBLE. Instagram me on _gadge_
drcdb15
Super Member
Posts: 511
Karma: 6
Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex
Re: Greenfly
«
Reply #6 on:
October 10, 2017, 11:50:59 PM »
Well, as we've said before several times on this Forum, ASKING 13 grand and GETTING 13 grand are two entirely different things.
Maybe Chris Evans will buy it ?
Logged
Rusty's Uncle
Subscriber VIP+
Super Member
Posts: 2837
Karma: 34
Re: Greenfly
«
Reply #7 on:
October 11, 2017, 12:56:23 PM »
I met the owner and car a few years back when it still had less than 10,000 miles on the clock. I remember at Stamford Hall AutoItalia him saying that he needed to sell the car to fund another restoration project. I told him at the time that he was bonkers when he told me the intended price. It was way too low in my opinion. You cannot apply the normal rules to such a unique car and I suggested somewhere between £4,000 plus at the time
Logged
Amateb8
Subscribers
Super Member
Posts: 2148
Karma: 8
Location: London
Re: Greenfly
«
Reply #8 on:
November 19, 2017, 02:22:11 PM »
The thing is if one had the funds to by it at its current price, you would be reluctant to drive it. Buy it, then store it. Mileage and condition is everything.
Logged
Adey1970
Member
Posts: 43
Karma: 0
Re: Greenfly
«
Reply #9 on:
November 19, 2017, 08:41:23 PM »
Is it just me or are some 126 asking prices completely bonkers? The fact that most of them have been on sale for months surely means no ones wants them for that price. There are also a lot classic 500s on sale for months and months and months. Yeah slow market but something is only worth what people will pay for it. Someone was asking £8k for a ver nice Bis recently but any 126 about over about £2.5k doesn't seem to sell at all no matter what condition it's in.
Logged
I sat on the right, then the left, now on the right again
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
Club126UK
»
For Sale & Wanted
»
For Sale:
»
Greenfly