Author Topic: Fiat 126 BIS manual Watercooled 1987-1992  (Read 1667 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Frigorius

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 29
  • Karma: 0
  • Location: Haaltert, Belgium
Fiat 126 BIS manual Watercooled 1987-1992
« on: March 16, 2016, 08:33:43 AM »
Hello,

I'm quite new here on the forum. Summer is coming through here in Belgium (where I live), so it 's time to open the doors and drive out.
Whilst I have had a lot of problems with my Fiat, which I bought about five years ago, after I found it on a field where it had been rusting for 14 years, I am now trying to get more deeper into the mechanical stuff, to put down my costs in the garage (about 4500 euro's in these last 5 years).
There for I'm looking for a manual which is suited for the Fiat 126 Bis, water cooled, with an engine of 702 cc. The car was built in Poland in 1989.

I have already changed a lot of parts just to get him driving and starting as it should be, but they made a mess of it in the garage. I had to change the gearbox and the bobine twice yet, changed the carburator, alternator, choke cable, delco, hand brake cables, ... The list is a lot longer, but still I have issues with starting, specially if he has been sleeping for a few days/weeks.

Thank you for the inspiring answers.

Below is a picture of me and my car in front of a local church.


Da Londo

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 287
  • Karma: 0
  • It's not the carb size that matters, it's the jet
    • Fiat 126 blog
  • Location: Maasmechelen, Belgium
Re: Fiat 126 BIS manual Watercooled 1987-1992
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 10:29:45 AM »
PM'ed you.

dadandlad

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 298
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: Halifax West Yorkshire UK
Re: Fiat 126 BIS manual Watercooled 1987-1992
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 02:36:14 PM »
Nice colour scheme

Frigorius

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 29
  • Karma: 0
  • Location: Haaltert, Belgium
Re: Fiat 126 BIS manual Watercooled 1987-1992
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 02:50:50 PM »
Thank you Dadandlad.
It was like that when I bought it. He was originally white. I wouldn't trade it for any other colour ;).