Author Topic: De Ville roof  (Read 2800 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BHBASS

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 24
  • Karma: 0
De Ville roof
« on: October 04, 2015, 06:51:38 PM »
Hello everyone, I am looking to purchase the roof section of a De Ville. Or perhaps just the sunroof frame to weld onto a healthy 126. If there is anyone with a rusty hopeless piece with just roof intact willing to sell just that part,knows of one at a local scrap heap or is able to just allow me some time with a camera, tape measure and notebook around it, I would appreciate a shout.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 07:06:07 PM by BHBASS »

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: De Ville roof
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 07:25:06 PM »
You are welcome to come and have a look at mine as long as you come with a camera and not an angle grinder  ;D

BHBASS

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 24
  • Karma: 0
Re: De Ville roof
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 07:49:34 PM »
Thanks a million. No destructive tools, promise  ;)

I know these are like gold dust, so I am not really holding my breath in hope of getting the genuine part.  But I know a few creative chaps who would appreciate a constructive challenge like this. Just need a sample to make it look the part, and I think the photos + drawings will be just fine for this purpose.
 

DeVilleChris

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1217
  • Karma: 7
    • Club 126 UK
Re: De Ville roof
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 07:53:08 PM »
1979 Fiat 126 DeVille
1979 Fiat 900T Amigo

BHBASS

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 24
  • Karma: 0
Re: De Ville roof
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 08:03:33 PM »
Yep, saw this one. A bit steep, but can't say I did not consider it, at the great risk of being disowned and sectioned by my family ;)

Done my research online pretty thoroughly before posting here  8) I saw that there is someone giving up on a project every now and then and then breaking the devil. Or finding a rust bucket somewhere, like that one from 2011, as described on this forum. So I figured I'd ask. But as I have said above, I have a few mates who will relish this sort of challenge. I'm thinking of welding the metal reinforcements to the roof and making a wooden or plastic fascia for it, which would resemble the original. Should work just fine  :)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 08:12:44 PM by BHBASS »

1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: De Ville roof
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 02:38:41 PM »
 I think that one from 2011 must have been ours. Shame I didn`t think of chopping the roof.
 It`s been a long time since I`ve seen a project DeVille to pop up for sale and unless they are completely rotten people would still be inclined to get one restored, so I think your options here are a bit limited.
 If I see, or hear about a suitable car, I`ll let you know.
 BTW what is that scooter in your profile picture?
 
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

Kent126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 955
  • Karma: 5
  • Closer every day to getting on the road....
    • Facebook Profile
  • Location: Dorset, UK
Re: De Ville roof
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 09:15:20 PM »
There is a deville on ebay at the moment, but its more of a project than a scrap car.
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP

BHBASS

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 24
  • Karma: 0
Re: De Ville roof
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 11:04:02 AM »
The scooter is a 1963 Polish WFM 'Osa' (Wasp). This is the 175 ccm version. Only a few thousand were built. In my family from   new. Figured it was due a makeover and a new lease of life ;)

Read somewhere they sold one (literally) in the UK. This version was designed for India, with a fan for cooling the cylinder.

BHBASS

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 24
  • Karma: 0
Re: De Ville roof
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 11:57:59 AM »
Found the UK advert for the scooter, check it out.

Finally managed to get hold of the first series chrome fuel cap and bonnet lock for the 126. Brand new, boxed. My Sunday has just got a whole lot better ;)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 09:52:29 PM by BHBASS »