Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Club126UK
»
For Sale & Wanted
»
Wanted:
»
Wanted: Plastic dash insert from early car.
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: Wanted: Plastic dash insert from early car. (Read 6741 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Kent126
Super Member
Posts: 955
Karma: 5
Closer every day to getting on the road....
Location: Dorset, UK
Wanted: Plastic dash insert from early car.
«
on:
October 17, 2013, 09:38:30 PM »
Hi guys,
I'm still looking for a couple of little bits for my '74 car.
Most importantly I need to locate a plastic dash insert from an early car as below needs to be in good condition;
Tom
Logged
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP
Kent126
Super Member
Posts: 955
Karma: 5
Closer every day to getting on the road....
Location: Dorset, UK
Re: Wanted: Plastic dash insert from early car.
«
Reply #1 on:
January 26, 2014, 01:13:53 AM »
Bump. Still looking if anyone has one lying around?
Ta muchly.
Tom
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Logged
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP
Bar Vitelli
Subscriber VIP+
Super Member
Posts: 1612
Karma: 16
Location: Halifax
Re: Wanted: Plastic dash insert from early car.
«
Reply #2 on:
January 26, 2014, 08:59:50 AM »
I've been looking but I think the only way you will get this part is to either have one made/fabricated or to find a 1970's car being broken in Italy (there will be a number).
Logged
Every cloud has one...
pietschokkenbroek
Super Member
Posts: 569
Karma: 4
Re: Wanted: Plastic dash insert from early car.
«
Reply #3 on:
January 26, 2014, 12:45:55 PM »
mm..
I'm looking for the same item.. Will be trying to make one myself later on, so if you're willing to be patient (enough..
).....
I'm thinking of making a silicone mold and make a casting of PU or polyester resin.
Logged
http://www.flickr.com/photos/project126
Bar Vitelli
Subscriber VIP+
Super Member
Posts: 1612
Karma: 16
Location: Halifax
Re: Wanted: Plastic dash insert from early car.
«
Reply #4 on:
January 26, 2014, 02:31:16 PM »
Sounds good, let me know if you need any help, better pictures, measurements etc. as I have one of these in my car.
Logged
Every cloud has one...
pietschokkenbroek
Super Member
Posts: 569
Karma: 4
Re: Wanted: Plastic dash insert from early car.
«
Reply #5 on:
January 26, 2014, 04:02:47 PM »
Thanks, but I have one in my car. I think someone has previously over tightened the screws so both holes are a bit knackered. I like to make a copy which I can then modify...
Logged
http://www.flickr.com/photos/project126
DeVilleChris
Subscribers
Super Member
Posts: 1217
Karma: 7
Re: Wanted: Plastic dash insert from early car.
«
Reply #6 on:
January 26, 2014, 06:14:14 PM »
I have one that fits perfect but it has an extra hole in it..
Logged
1979 Fiat 126 DeVille
1979 Fiat 900T Amigo
Kent126
Super Member
Posts: 955
Karma: 5
Closer every day to getting on the road....
Location: Dorset, UK
Re: Wanted: Plastic dash insert from early car.
«
Reply #7 on:
January 26, 2014, 08:01:08 PM »
Yeah mine is knackered. Need one that is in good condition. I think this must be one of the hardest bits to find!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Logged
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP
Bar Vitelli
Subscriber VIP+
Super Member
Posts: 1612
Karma: 16
Location: Halifax
Re: Wanted: Plastic dash insert from early car.
«
Reply #8 on:
March 04, 2014, 08:30:19 PM »
Ey up, Tom, there's a chap here who is breaking a 1974 car that may have the dashboard part that you are after...
http://annunci.ebay.it/annunci/ricambi-e-accessori/catania-annunci-catania/fiat-126/45524691
Logged
Every cloud has one...
Kent126
Super Member
Posts: 955
Karma: 5
Closer every day to getting on the road....
Location: Dorset, UK
Re: Wanted: Plastic dash insert from early car.
«
Reply #9 on:
March 06, 2014, 05:07:01 PM »
Thanks. I do now have the part, as I was kindly sent one which was lurking in someones shed. I forgot to update this.
/ although there are now some more bits I am looking for.....
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Logged
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
Club126UK
»
For Sale & Wanted
»
Wanted:
»
Wanted: Plastic dash insert from early car.