Author Topic: Not Ebay but I think exceptional...  (Read 1997 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

cudhso

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 71
  • Karma: 0
  • The BIS: An exercise in discovery learning.
Not Ebay but I think exceptional...
« on: May 14, 2013, 10:37:13 PM »
http://www.utvdrive.co.uk/car/457799/1990-fiat-126-bis-craigavon/#

An un- molested (save for the sunroof) BIS.  Very nice.  I want to buy it but it would take too much time from my leave (I only get 1.5 weeks every now & then and I work abroad).  :cry:

Richie
It boils but it doesn't whistle......

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: Not Ebay but I think exceptional...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 05:51:32 PM »
Looks very nice, I don't know that much about the BIS, what's not right about the sunroof?

Bet it sells quickly, I hear that George Michael is interested... ;D
Every cloud has one...

cudhso

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 71
  • Karma: 0
  • The BIS: An exercise in discovery learning.
Re: Not Ebay but I think exceptional...
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 08:05:46 PM »
The sunroof is a post-build fit.  This one looks OK but they can let in water if fitted badly. 

Some insurance companies don't like these aftermarket efforts.  When I suggested to my current insurer that I intended to fit a sunroof they stipulated that a professional garage MUST fit it or they would not re-insure me!

Richie.
It boils but it doesn't whistle......

Kent126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 955
  • Karma: 5
  • Closer every day to getting on the road....
    • Facebook Profile
  • Location: Dorset, UK
Re: Not Ebay but I think exceptional...
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 06:40:27 PM »
Very clean.  :)
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Not Ebay but I think exceptional...
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 08:47:14 PM »
Sunroof was a Fiat dealer option for the 126, albeit an aftermarket installation. I've got one on my blue one which I am using as a donor car. Yes, I think it leaks a little bit. But this one does not, judging from the clean seats. Looks quite nice. Tempting.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:51:02 PM by Amateb8 »