Author Topic: Oooh!  (Read 1910 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Oooh!
« on: February 10, 2013, 09:53:54 PM »
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 10:06:07 PM by Hazey-n-Marc »

thepuddlejumper

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 685
  • Karma: 2
  • Location: Scotland
Re: Oooh!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 05:39:33 PM »
When I was a boy a local glazier in Falkirk used these vans as the company transport. He never scrapped them he put them on the roof of his building, I presume for advertising. Wish they were still there.

Ralph

Pete126

  • Administrator
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3369
  • Karma: 35
  • Location: West Yorkshire
Re: Oooh!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 06:35:28 PM »
Yes its Greenfly, wondered where that got to :D

Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

midvillesb

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 173
  • Karma: 2
Re: Oooh!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 08:03:44 PM »
Green Fly is a real beauty but man that's one heck of an asking price.

Wish I'd had a spare £3,400 back in February 2011.

I suppose we shouldn't grumble if these sorts of prices bump up the value of 126s generally but it would be a shame if they end up in the same league as 500s, ie playthings for the rich and famous (and Rusty). Although I would make a fat profit...

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Oooh!
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 08:25:01 PM »
Pete I have to take my hat off to you, that is such a great picture with the reflection of Stamford Hall on the bonnet.  :)
At that Autoitalia event I was giving the owner an ear bashing as I felt it was easily a £5,000 car.
Of the Oooh! cars I love that van , Gimme  ;)
I guess that it must run with a Giardinera engine which makes it a bit harder for tuning but with some discrete mods and a decent engine upgrade, air cooled of course, I could see that cutting a dash on the starting line at Prescot hill climb on the next Retro Rides meet  8)
Still not rich and more infamous but hanging on in there  :P