Author Topic: new RHD headlights  (Read 3219 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
new RHD headlights
« on: April 22, 2012, 03:36:02 PM »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130684910785?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1156

There was a buy now for £80 !!!!! A bargain, but someone bid so that was lost. Amazed whoever it was didn't simply click buy now  :o

I bet they go for more than the 80 they were asking ;D
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:37:40 PM by dajwid »

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: new RHD headlights
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 04:59:15 PM »
It might, however, there was a 126 headlight (not a pair), one of those new "old" stock that sold for about £15 recently from ebay.

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: new RHD headlights
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 05:01:41 PM »
I can recall a pair selling for £90 a couple of years back, about a year ago pair sold for £70.

They are getting tougher and tougher to find.


stuey

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1409
  • Karma: 14
  • Location: kings lynn
Re: new RHD headlights
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 07:53:00 PM »
I was the buffon who paid £90- they where local so I could avoid postage so I was happy to pay that amount...
one resprayed and another arrives- double trouble BIS style!!

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: new RHD headlights
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 09:01:45 PM »
I was the buffon who paid £90- they where local so I could avoid postage so I was happy to pay that amount...

To be honest, that is what they are worth. Have you seen the price of some of the sealed beam units for 'modern' cars?

Friend recently spent £200 on a used headlight for a BMW  :o

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: new RHD headlights
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 09:41:27 PM »
The bid price is rapidly rising. Now £32.

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: new RHD headlights
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 09:51:49 PM »
My guess (and it is a guess) is that they will go for £96.00... :o
Every cloud has one...

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: new RHD headlights
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 10:21:05 PM »
£44......... I'd love to have new headlights on my 126 but the bid price is getting crazy.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:25:37 PM by Amateb8 »

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: new RHD headlights
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 10:32:07 PM »
I don't think it is too bad a price, I would have paid that for one new one a couple of months ago if I had the money then. There might be a few more sets coming out of the woodwork though, I got a letter in practical classics this month highlighting how hard they have become to find, assume this set appearing could be to do with that. The more that appear, the cheaper they should get.
I think £30 is the least I would expect to pay for a new unit for any car.

ciaoflyer

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1325
  • Karma: 3
Re: new RHD headlights
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 10:56:10 PM »


 8) 8)
Ciao4Now

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: new RHD headlights
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 07:40:38 PM »
It is gone!

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: new RHD headlights
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 07:42:28 PM »
Someone got a bargain, or made a offer too good to resist. whoever bid first must be kicking themselves they did not just click the buy now button.