Author Topic: FIAT 126 BIS PARTS NEEDED URGENTLY :)  (Read 2153 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fiat126Fan87

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 16
  • Karma: 0
FIAT 126 BIS PARTS NEEDED URGENTLY :)
« on: September 16, 2011, 01:37:13 PM »
Hello.

I have an '89 BIS 126 and I need some parts ahead of my MOT at the end of November.

I've had a good look around the web and have found quite a few things on eBay but I'm going to try on here as well.


I need to find :

- A set of two king pins (front wheels)
- Two new tires
- New handbrake cables
- Shock absorbers
- Dampers (Mechanic wasn't very specific about this)

Also, my uncle who also has a Fiat 126 BIS wants a new exhaust and the only one he has found is on ebay for £130, which is the going price it appears...so if anyone has one for sale or knows anyone with one for sale let me know as well.

So yes, a very expensive and ambitious list!

Thanks

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: FIAT 126 BIS PARTS NEEDED URGENTLY :)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 03:54:34 PM »
99% chance the kingpins just need to be filled up with grease.

Dampers?


Fiat126Fan87

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 16
  • Karma: 0
Re: FIAT 126 BIS PARTS NEEDED URGENTLY :)
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 12:48:13 PM »
99% chance the kingpins just need to be filled up with grease.

Dampers?



Is it as easy as it sounds? - Greasing the pins

michaelodonnell500

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 758
  • Karma: 7
Re: FIAT 126 BIS PARTS NEEDED URGENTLY :)
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 01:17:08 PM »
Usually - yes.
Often overlooked once the car has slipped out of regular servicing.
Worth trying yourself. sometimes they can be blocked and you can usually sort this out by heating the area with a blowtorch and trying to force the grease through again.
Try these first before wasting money on a recon set.

I have always understood dampers to be shock absorbers so I'm not sure what the distinction between the two is.

E tyres will do 135x80R13 for £42 per corner. ( I assume this is the right size, but I don't own a bis)worth checking around the online tyre fitters as they often have old stock they're looking to clear, but I'm sure some other forum members have a better idea on where to find cheap tyres.

You can get your handbrake cable from these guys:

http://www.126fan.sk/eshop/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=handbrake
Rust does not discriminate

126blackbird

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 173
  • Karma: 5
  • Location: Maldon Essex
Re: FIAT 126 BIS PARTS NEEDED URGENTLY :)
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 05:59:18 PM »
What size tyres do you need, I have loads of them on wheels going cheap. I also have two new rear shocks which I am told will also fit the front.

lupo

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Karma: 0
  • RockStarâ„¢
Re: FIAT 126 BIS PARTS NEEDED URGENTLY :)
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 08:15:06 PM »
Maybe the dampers are the driveshaft couplings near the wheel bearing? In german they are called dampers.

Unfortunately I threw away my old shock absorbers 4 Months ago.