Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Club126UK
»
For Sale & Wanted
»
Wanted:
»
steering column switch
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: steering column switch (Read 1473 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
chug
Member
Posts: 15
Karma: 0
Location: Denbigh, North Wales
steering column switch
«
on:
March 14, 2011, 12:13:29 PM »
Hi
Does anyone have a steering column switch for sale for a 1982 126? Just bought the car and the lights just go out when I'm driving along, especially when I turn the steering wheel.
Any help appreciated.
Logged
Rusty's Uncle
Subscriber VIP+
Super Member
Posts: 2837
Karma: 34
Re: steering column switch
«
Reply #1 on:
March 14, 2011, 04:11:00 PM »
I can't help you with the column switch but I can tell you what may have happened to it and stop it happening in future. There is a possibility that someone had fitted more powerful headlamp bulbs and not fitted a relay to handle the extra power. Like a few others I found out the hard way that the extra power produces heat in the switch and melts the plastic internals
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
Club126UK
»
For Sale & Wanted
»
Wanted:
»
steering column switch