Author Topic: What do you think  (Read 1773 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dadandlad

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 298
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: Halifax West Yorkshire UK
What do you think
« on: June 23, 2015, 08:08:34 PM »
My friend has just set up a body shop and I want to gauge your thoughts on a idea I have had that may help him out a bit
Dave has a lot of experience restoring classic cars both for his original employer and he also owns 3 classic cars a Mini Cooper , Mini Moke and a Volvo Amazon which are all finished to a very high standard .

I have a 1990 donor Bis which I will be stripping shortly for the rebuild of my restoration project

Rather than scrap the shell which does need welding I thought I would donate it to Dave and he will restore and paint it and then sell it on

Do you think there is a market for a fully restored and painted shell ready for swapping components onto and what sort of price would you expect to pay

Any input greatly appreciated  

 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 08:12:17 PM by dadandlad »

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: What do you think
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 09:44:47 PM »
I am thinking that it would be a shame to scrap a reasonable body shell. If your pal has a lot of down time while he gets his business off the ground then why waste it and something interesting and on the mend in the shop always looks good. It won't take up too much room but I would not see it as a major investment at this moment in time. Possibly the car could be reassembled as and when time permitted.

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: What do you think
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 07:43:07 PM »
I might be putting some work his way, just flat out at work at the moment. 

The body shell idea sounds good fun but like Rusty says there will not be much pay back in it. 

I'll let you know once I've been in touch with him.

 ;D
Every cloud has one...