Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Club126UK
»
For Sale & Wanted
»
Wanted:
»
BIS coolant level switch
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: BIS coolant level switch (Read 3614 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
malcmari
Newbie
Posts: 6
Karma: 0
BIS coolant level switch
«
on:
March 30, 2011, 11:08:57 AM »
I'm looking for a coolant level switch which fits in the header tank above the radiator, if any one has one that works or do you know where I can buy a new one
thanks
Malc
Logged
Amateb8
Subscribers
Super Member
Posts: 2148
Karma: 8
Location: London
Re: BIS coolant level switch
«
Reply #1 on:
April 25, 2011, 07:07:25 PM »
Hi Malc,
Are you referring to this part?
Logged
malcmari
Newbie
Posts: 6
Karma: 0
Re: BIS coolant level switch
«
Reply #2 on:
April 25, 2011, 07:35:48 PM »
Hello Karma
your picture is a "modern one" I'm afraid the BIS one is basically a float with a magnetic switch, a bit like a ball cock in a toilet which switches on and off the current instead of the water !!!
thanks
Malc
Logged
Amateb8
Subscribers
Super Member
Posts: 2148
Karma: 8
Location: London
Re: BIS coolant level switch
«
Reply #3 on:
April 25, 2011, 10:48:06 PM »
Have a you got a photo of the part you need? I have bits and pieces I stock for my Bis, so I might have a spare.
Logged
Pete126
Administrator
Super Member
Posts: 3369
Karma: 35
Location: West Yorkshire
Re: BIS coolant level switch
«
Reply #4 on:
April 26, 2011, 10:11:20 PM »
BIS coolant level switch
Logged
Pete.
il cavallo piccolo
ciaoflyer
Super Member
Posts: 1325
Karma: 3
Re: BIS coolant level switch
«
Reply #5 on:
May 01, 2013, 09:12:55 PM »
Hi guys
I need one of these switches, anyone know where I can get new or has anyone got a spare. Mine has been working for years and has just decided to give up!
Please help!
Logged
Ciao4Now
ciaoflyer
Super Member
Posts: 1325
Karma: 3
Re: BIS coolant level switch
«
Reply #6 on:
May 01, 2013, 09:24:22 PM »
Could this act as a replacement.......
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/level-sensors-switches/7259833/
Fitted to a landy.....
http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/f38/low-coolant-sensor-84777.html
«
Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:27:59 PM by ciaoflyer
»
Logged
Ciao4Now
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
Club126UK
»
For Sale & Wanted
»
Wanted:
»
BIS coolant level switch