Author Topic: 126 air cooled engine  (Read 2597 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Darrell

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1715
  • Karma: 4
    • facebook profile
126 air cooled engine
« on: March 09, 2011, 10:19:46 AM »
Hi I'm after an engine, doesn't need to be complete, basically I need a crankcase, crank and head as I have been offered a few bits to get an engine together.

Mine was off the road for a bit and couldn't help but think to myself that if I had a spare I could simply swap bits or the complete unit till parts arrive etc and with the weather we had, trouble shooting became 'step out to freeze behind a 126'

I have been running mine as a daily driver so it made it a bit awkward to be off the road for weeks >:(

Willing to pay reasonable money but not too keen on e bay ones :oops:
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

UnaBellaDonna

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 80
  • Karma: 1
Re: 126 air cooled engine
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 10:24:22 AM »
Hi

I have a box of engine parts (594cc) plus the remainder of them on the way to me next week from the guy I got the car off. When they arrive (if you're not sorted) I'll catalogue them and send you a list.

Simon **-

hotdeffender

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 90
  • Karma: 0
Re: 126 air cooled engine
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 08:23:30 PM »
Whats wrong with ebay ones? lol. Ive always found ebay great for parts, also for selling as there is a huge audience, ive found a lots of people wanting or selling specialist cars or parts on ebay who dont bother with club sites like this. Ive had lots of interest in 126 parts and requests for stuff i dont have, I always suggest this site and its suprisng how many dont know about this club.

Im not a fan of ebay in the respect that they are money grabbing******* lol

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: 126 air cooled engine
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 09:39:45 PM »
 :D Hey "Hotdeff" that is one totaly spot on rant you had there  [-/
For all it's faults , eBay reaches out to most of the world & I know because I have shipped stuff to more places than I learnt about in "O" level geography. OK I know it is a pain in the butt when some newbie comes up with a request for an item you can get down in Halfords but it is all about confidence so we have to "teach the children well" . There is no site/forum/club better than this one in my experience but you have to bear in mind that it is still evolving in line with the growing interest in the Fiat 126  :)

UnaBellaDonna

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 80
  • Karma: 1
Re: 126 air cooled engine
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 10:26:08 AM »
I actually got a sump gasket from Halfords for £2.85 yesterday. I think you have to take a balanced of places/sites/shops view and shop around. I like Ebay, always have. I'm happy to trawl through places to find stuff, it's part of the fun of finding that "Holy Grail" piece. When I can't I become one of the newbies who asks for help on here. ::)

Darrell

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1715
  • Karma: 4
    • facebook profile
Re: 126 air cooled engine
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 03:22:39 PM »
Hi there yes would be keen on the 599 bits.

The only sad thing like you guys say is the pricing.

I don't mind paying a bit over the odds for something small to get me going again but wifey has a new cast-iron frying pan, and I don't fancy a crack over the head from it if she finds out I have been spending big again on the 126 as she is adamant her conservatory is happening this year :oops:
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)