Author Topic: 126 BIS failed but only just! Need a liitle help.  (Read 2014 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

tiny126

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 30
  • Karma: 0
126 BIS failed but only just! Need a liitle help.
« on: August 09, 2010, 10:53:55 AM »
Morning,
Finally pulled my finger out and got my car to the test station. It failed on a tyre, horn, seat belt loose and rusty headlight. I need help in getting a headlight. What company is best to use? Also the horn button on the steering wheel is missing the return spring and contact??? Does any one have the horn button assembly or know where to get them. If anyone has a headlight and horn they want to sell or swop for a carb and nearly new fuel pump let me know.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I will post it in the wanted section just in case.
Thanks
Rob

stobart16gears

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 25
  • Karma: 0
Re: 126 BIS failed but only just! Need a liitle help.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 03:22:14 PM »
Hi Rob, what part of Wales are you from?
Did you get the MOT on your 126 BIS after all?

tiny126

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 30
  • Karma: 0
Re: 126 BIS failed but only just! Need a liitle help.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 07:31:04 PM »
Hi
I live on sunny Anglesey. Not got an MOT yet. Waiting on a pair of lenses from another generous forum member (dajwid). Once they have arrived and are fitted to my new reflectors then I am good to go.

I sorted the carb out the other day which is a weber carb. Nice surprise I think. Not sure if they are standard though. It runs a lot better now, can feel all of 20 ish horsepower instead of what felt like 5.

Where are you based?

Rob

stobart16gears

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 25
  • Karma: 0
Re: 126 BIS failed but only just! Need a liitle help.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 09:58:47 AM »
Hi Rob, im based in South Wales, Aberdare.