Author Topic: front coilover  (Read 2102 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

candanoglu

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 35
  • Karma: 0
front coilover
« on: May 26, 2016, 02:48:08 PM »
Hi friend
I am from Turkey.this is my second FSM 650 AİRFLOW.This time I made much modification.But I have a some problem.I made new suspension system without leafspring,Now I use coilover system which is I made it.
Everthings is running is good.But İf I use soft spring,when I croos theroadbump my car go left and right,steeringwhell is not run well.I check the wheel out of the car.When I press the power on front wheel they been negative toe in,after they came back true position.Whats the problem any one else have a idea?(My rear spring is 17 cm and front position is like them)
what should be true degree angel my front suspesion, camber,caster,toe in...etc
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:55:39 PM by candanoglu »

thepuddlejumper

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 685
  • Karma: 2
  • Location: Scotland
Re: front coilover
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 10:57:51 PM »
I think this could be something called bump steer, you get it when the steering geometry is out of alignment. The position of the upper wish bone inner bush, the steering rack and pinion steering ball and the lower wishbone inner bush should all be inline. This eliminates the wheels turning in or out, depending whether the steering rack is in front or behind the wheel centre, as the wheels go up and down. Hope this helps.

Ralph