Author Topic: Importing straight form the source  (Read 1625 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DannyPancho

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 128
  • Karma: 3
Importing straight form the source
« on: January 01, 2016, 02:58:27 PM »
What are your thoughts on importing a cheap 126 from Poland? Anyone done it? Cost of importing etc...  8) cheers
Fiat 126 DeVille

Joe Webb

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 147
  • Karma: 1
  • 1999 Fiat 126p elx, 1981 Matra Muren, 1971 Greeves
  • Location: Hove, UK
Re: Importing straight form the source
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 12:46:45 PM »
I didn't get mine directly from Poland but I had to do all the importation document stuff.

it's a pain in the arse as you have to do the NOVA thing by post so make sure you get the form sent to you before you start or you'll be sitting on your hands waiting for it to arrive.

It really was stressful but I'm so happy I did it. Feels good to bring another back onto the road.

Polish MOT standards are pretty lax though so if it does have one, it'll probably still need a load of work to get an MOT here.

I guess it would be a matter of driving to Poland with a trailer and picking one up. Sounds fun!
1999 Fiat 126p elx, 1971 Greeves Pathfinder, 72 Datsun 240z

Kent126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 955
  • Karma: 5
  • Closer every day to getting on the road....
    • Facebook Profile
  • Location: Dorset, UK
Re: Importing straight form the source
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 09:48:29 PM »
Italy would be easier, closer and the cars are better.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP