Author Topic: NEEDED! - Oil filter parts!  (Read 1677 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Joe Webb

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 147
  • Karma: 1
  • 1999 Fiat 126p elx, 1981 Matra Muren, 1971 Greeves
  • Location: Hove, UK
NEEDED! - Oil filter parts!
« on: September 23, 2015, 06:57:41 PM »
Finally got my fiat on the road and during maintenance discovered that my oil filter system is missing the thrower!
If anyone has any junk engines please could you sell me the thrower and the deflector?
I'll take the 32mm nut as well, mines a bit nicked

Was supposed to be driving up to Bristol on Friday so the sooner the better

Also is 10w40 too thin for the engine?

Many thanks
Joe

1999 Fiat 126p elx, 1971 Greeves Pathfinder, 72 Datsun 240z

DeVilleChris

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1217
  • Karma: 7
    • Club 126 UK
Re: NEEDED! - Oil filter parts!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 07:46:28 PM »
I dont have the part unfortunately but the oil I use, and I know a few others use, is 15w40.

Good luck finding the part!
1979 Fiat 126 DeVille
1979 Fiat 900T Amigo

Joe Webb

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 147
  • Karma: 1
  • 1999 Fiat 126p elx, 1981 Matra Muren, 1971 Greeves
  • Location: Hove, UK
Re: NEEDED! - Oil filter parts!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 09:03:17 PM »
Ok no worries, thanks!
I'm having trouble finding decent 15w40 in the shops :/
I'll get some cheap stuff and put decent oil in when I fix the filter

Cheers!
1999 Fiat 126p elx, 1971 Greeves Pathfinder, 72 Datsun 240z

Joe Webb

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 147
  • Karma: 1
  • 1999 Fiat 126p elx, 1981 Matra Muren, 1971 Greeves
  • Location: Hove, UK
Re: NEEDED! - Oil filter parts!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 11:53:15 AM »
Oops, just found out that the air-cooled has no oil thrower!  :$

Panic over!

cheers!
1999 Fiat 126p elx, 1971 Greeves Pathfinder, 72 Datsun 240z