Club126UK
For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: dadandlad on July 27, 2015, 11:38:20 PM
-
I quite fancy a wooden rimmed steering wheel for my Bis and also require the boss
You cannot have a classic Italian car without a sporty steering wheel (even if it was made in Poland) and besides the original wheel is frankly bloody awful
Anyone got one for sale
P.S I still need a carb to air filter rubber elbow if anyone can help with second hand or steer me to where I can get a new one
Cheers
Mark
-
Not for sale I am afraid but this is the steering wheel I fitted to my 126. It was advertised on ebay as suitable for a 126. I bought it hoping to fit it to my 500(http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/27/11fa8ba1bfa55169ea446bc682f96978.jpg)
(http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/27/a3a64a1666e4db0327b70f093cf1f355.jpg)
The wheel would not fit the 500 and when I got my 126 it would not fit that either. So I used the outer part of the boss and fitted the inner part of an old 126 boss which needed very little modification and hey presto.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-
Very nice
I will probably go for a 13" three spoke with the rivets showing and possibly a bit darker wood
I have thought about a quick release hub so the steering wheel can be removed easily to act as a anti theft device
-
Michael O'Donnel posted some details about fitting a removable steering wheel a while back after some goons nicked his 500 for a joy ride.
My steering wheel is 14" and I have no idea of the original car it was fitted to. It has Ferrero stamped on the front then on the back it has Brevettato on one spoke and on the other it has Fecceco Torino. From memory I think that I paid £45 for it which may have been a good price as there seems to be an almost identical one on US ebay for £450 at the moment. When I googled the markings I came across a three spoke one that was from an old Lamborghini and the starting price was £1250 :o