Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => For Sale: => Topic started by: Rusty's Uncle on July 23, 2015, 06:14:30 PM

Title: Fast road / Sport camshaft
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on July 23, 2015, 06:14:30 PM
The idea I had of getting forum members together to get quality sport camshafts made at a cost way cheaper than they are available elsewhere fell a bit flat as not one member came forward with a camshaft to keep the idea going. So there were still some camshafts left with the specialist manufacturers after we had the initial 10 made. Rather than abandon them I have just had the last 4 that were suitable reprofiled and hardened so that is the end of the possible project and the camshafts are now for sale at £95 plus postage or can be collected.
Title: Re: Fast road / Sport camshaft
Post by: Joe Webb on July 28, 2015, 03:48:21 PM
if only i didn't have to spend all my money on brakes  :cry:
Title: Re: Fast road / Sport camshaft
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on July 29, 2015, 07:37:26 AM
Probably a good idea to get your car to stop faster before you think about making it go faster  :D
Title: Re: Fast road / Sport camshaft
Post by: Joe Webb on July 29, 2015, 01:31:17 PM
I know! I can't help it haha  ;D

brakes should be sorted soon though! then onto the tuning :)
Title: Re: Fast road / Sport camshaft
Post by: Ricksy1121 on July 29, 2015, 08:45:59 PM
Hi is the £95 for the cam re profiled and done or just as it is..
Title: Re: Fast road / Sport camshaft
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on July 30, 2015, 06:15:56 AM
The £95 is to buy an already reprofiled & hardened sport camshaft  :)
Title: Re: Fast road / Sport camshaft
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on April 15, 2016, 04:53:33 PM
Still got one of these left   :)
Title: Re: Fast road / Sport camshaft
Post by: Joe Webb on April 15, 2016, 05:16:53 PM
hey, so with this upgrade, are there any prerequisites or recommendations?

Also, will it require any other mods or fettling afterwards such as ignition timing or valve timing? carb rejetting?

what might the performance gains be?  ;D
Title: Re: Fast road / Sport camshaft
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on April 18, 2016, 02:13:45 PM
Hi Joe , this will be a bit of a repeat of what I am about to say about the disk brakes in that all of this has been well covered on this and other forums so you need to use the search facility but in brief basic tuning to give a good power increase would involve carb, head, cam and exhaust  :)
Title: Re: Fast road / Sport camshaft
Post by: Joe Webb on April 18, 2016, 02:32:52 PM
Yes I admit I was being a bit cheeky   :$

I will have a look

Cheers!