Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => For Sale: => Topic started by: Funkin Go-nut on July 11, 2015, 06:15:54 PM

Title: 1980 Fiat 126 Deville for sale
Post by: Funkin Go-nut on July 11, 2015, 06:15:54 PM
Hi it is with regret that I am selling our fiat 126

It has been a great member of our family and I have used it regularly for the last 4 years or so up until about 12 months ago having moved to Yorkshire. After I bought it I carried out a light restoration to bring him up to a usable state and used it in all weathers and it only let me down a couple of times, after which the causes were identified and any parts replaced.

It was my intention to carry out a full refurb, but lack of time has left him sitting on the drive.

He has been started and moved up and down the drive way regularly and starts easily.

I am selling the car as repair or spares as there is no current MOT, but on last inspection the floor pan was sound and has had a small bit of welding under the passenger seat. As can be seen from the pics he does have some corrosion issues in the usual places.

The engine runs really well and I have been running it on mobil 1 fully synthetic. There is an electronic ignition kit fitted as well as updated wasted spark coil, and the distributor was replaced at the same time.  The main shaft oil seals were replaced about 2 years ago and it seems to be generally free of oil leaks apart from a bit of seepage from the rocker cover and the dipstick seal. The exhaust is corroded but still seems sound, but it is loud  ;D

The carburettor was bought new and has the paint pot mod and I have fitted an electronic fuel pump. The alternator was replaced just after I bought him and the washer pump has been replaced with an electric one also.

The interior is well worn and is showing its age with some splitting to the seats, the headlining was removed by the previous owner.

The tyres are only 2 years old and still have plenty of tread.

I am looking for £800, but open to offers and the car will come with a couple of boxes of spares if the price is right which includes an alloy fan, front disc brake conversion brackets, spare lights, clocks and loads of other stuff.

The car is located near Leeds Bradford airport.

(http://www.cloverleaf4.co.uk/images/uploads/32558.jpg)
(http://www.cloverleaf4.co.uk/images/uploads/32559.jpg)
(http://www.cloverleaf4.co.uk/images/uploads/32560.jpg)
(http://www.cloverleaf4.co.uk/images/uploads/32561.jpg)

Title: Re: 1980 Fiat 126 Deville for sale
Post by: Bar Vitelli on July 11, 2015, 06:29:19 PM
That is very tempting and really close to me...

Voxson radio and sunroof as well, chance for someone to get a great car. 

I've got room for one more in the garage as well...
Title: Re: 1980 Fiat 126 Deville for sale
Post by: Funkin Go-nut on July 11, 2015, 08:09:39 PM
I'm around tomorrow evening if you want to come and have a look  :)

Also comes with a complete dealer workshop manual in its original blue binder.
Title: Re: 1980 Fiat 126 Deville for sale
Post by: Kent126 on July 11, 2015, 09:02:37 PM
Nice rare car. Hopefully someone on here buys it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Title: Re: 1980 Fiat 126 Deville for sale
Post by: Bar Vitelli on July 12, 2015, 10:32:46 AM
Does it still have the original black bumpers and side fittings.
Title: Re: 1980 Fiat 126 Deville for sale
Post by: popik81 on July 12, 2015, 04:32:12 PM
Chrome bumpers, not plastic.... Its early aircool ?
Title: Re: 1980 Fiat 126 Deville for sale
Post by: Funkin Go-nut on July 12, 2015, 04:57:48 PM
The bumpers and side strips are no longer available.
Title: Re: 1980 Fiat 126 Deville for sale
Post by: camils200 on July 13, 2015, 02:11:38 AM
Is it still for sale ? Pm send I think  :)
Title: Re: 1980 Fiat 126 Deville for sale
Post by: Funkin Go-nut on July 13, 2015, 08:14:04 AM
Still for sale and you have a pm. :)
Title: Re: 1980 Fiat 126 Deville for sale
Post by: DeVilleChris on July 13, 2015, 09:09:03 PM
I would love this car, especially with it being so close...

Shame I have several others to keep going haha

Good luck with the sale
Title: Re: 1980 Fiat 126 Deville for sale
Post by: Bar Vitelli on July 14, 2015, 05:16:25 PM
I think I would have bought this if I wasn't about to go on holiday.

Sure it's got a bit of rust but it looks largely original, it's a DeVille! and the bits that are missing are easy to get.  What a beauty - someone is going to get a great car!

 8)
Title: Re: 1980 Fiat 126 Deville for sale
Post by: Funkin Go-nut on July 20, 2015, 12:10:38 PM
Now sold..really sad to see him go and hope the new owner stays on here and posts lots of pics :)
Title: Re: 1980 Fiat 126 Deville for sale
Post by: DeVilleChris on July 20, 2015, 10:06:32 PM
oooo, has it gone to a member?
Title: Re: 1980 Fiat 126 Deville for sale
Post by: dajwid on July 27, 2015, 06:07:31 PM
This used to be mine  ;D
Title: Re: 1980 Fiat 126 Deville for sale
Post by: DeVilleChris on August 02, 2015, 12:26:51 AM
Saw this car appear on a polish facebook group. He seemed happy with it