Club126UK
Fiat 126 Chat => Tuning & Customising 126 Models => Topic started by: drcdb15 on July 08, 2015, 03:42:23 PM
-
OK folks, silly question time:
Can I fit a standard 126 a/c exhaust to an engine fitted with a Panda 30 head? I would guess from the dearth of anyone mentioning this on the Forum afaics that it is just a bolt-on fit... but is it?
As well as mating up the exhaust flange to the mounting studs on the head, does the exhaust bore itself mate up with the same diameter (I am assuming a standard 30 head, not one that's been flowed and opened up etc).
And do the mounting brackets/fittings for the silencer etc line up ? For example, if the 30 head had the same holes but, say, a few mm higher on the engine, or rotated a few degrees away from the 126 orientation, then the mounting points lower down for the silencer presumably wouldn't align properly.
Thanks for your thoughts.
-
I have a standard type sports, non modified, exhaust fitted to my panda 30 head no problems.
Ralph
-
Thanks Ralph, for that reassurance :D