Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: poxxxy on May 30, 2015, 06:32:39 PM

Title: Fabric Washers for Rocker Cover
Post by: poxxxy on May 30, 2015, 06:32:39 PM
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone might have some spare fabric washers for the rocker cover lying around? I think the leather ones I made up might of failed but I really don't want to be paying extortionate ricambio postage prices for something so small! :).
Title: Re: Fabric Washers for Rocker Cover
Post by: Gadge on May 31, 2015, 08:13:36 AM
I had the same problem and ended up using rubber washers. Dead cheap but they only really last a year but if you buy a pack of them then you should have anough to last :)
Title: Re: Fabric Washers for Rocker Cover
Post by: Bambino126 on May 31, 2015, 02:07:33 PM
http://www.orbitalfasteners.co.uk/en/categories/flat-fibre-washer
Title: Re: Fabric Washers for Rocker Cover
Post by: poxxxy on May 31, 2015, 09:28:01 PM
The last "fibre" washers I bought elsewhere were solid plastic things that weren't at all suitable lol.
Title: Re: Fabric Washers for Rocker Cover
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on May 31, 2015, 09:57:05 PM
You have just reminded me that I always seem to be short of these and raid new gasket sets for these red fibre washers. So had a look on ebay and just ordered 50 for about £3. M8 and I think it said 16.9 O/D and 1.6 thick. If you go for the cheaper ones they are so thin and small O/D they are about as good as a piece of string . You want to get a good seal without over tightening the nuts as that will wreck the rocker cover and in extreme cases foul the rockers so the engine will not run  >:(
Title: Re: Fabric Washers for Rocker Cover
Post by: poxxxy on May 31, 2015, 10:47:10 PM
Yes... I think mine were from ebay... but they were solid plastic things when they arrived :S. lol. Maybe I should of claimed my money back :D.
Title: Re: Fabric Washers for Rocker Cover
Post by: poxxxy on June 22, 2015, 11:51:49 AM
So has anyone got some they perhaps dont mind sending for the cost of the stamp? :). Woud like some for Autoitalia on the 28th :)
Title: Re: Fabric Washers for Rocker Cover
Post by: sunriser81 on June 23, 2015, 01:27:09 PM
i have got them cheap.