Club126UK
For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: Joe Webb on May 06, 2015, 07:49:03 PM
-
Hi there, I have very little in the way of me being able to drive my 126, all I need are the headlights!
please someone help me out, and let me know if you know of a good alternative
Many thanks
Joe
-
Hey, I will have some in about 1-2 weeks. £45 posted, fully working but with very slight cosmetic damage, email me if interested.
-
:o Marvelous!
thanks so much :D
-
Yeah, by cosmetic damage there is (hardly noticeable)bubbling on the inside. Do you still need a CAT exhaust?
-
that sounds fine :)
um... I don't think so, it came with one and my mechanic hasn't mentioned it. I did spot a crack in it though unfortunately so I will let you know
Thanks again!
-
That's ok, thinking I'm getting mixed up with another green one. How's the import registering going?
-
Well I have had a reply from someone at fiat motor club who can verify my registration, Hasn't told me how much it will cost yet though.
Paperwork-wise I have filled out as much information on the V55/5 as I can decipher from the polish document and the internet.
Mechanically, I just need to change the speedo readout and the headlamps for the MOT, the gearbox is whining in 1st so I thought I'd sort that out asap
So not long left! :D
-
What do you mean by verify the registration as you shouldn't need this if you have the Polish equivalent of the V5. For the import document, when I called up the lady just said to fill out as much as I could. As for the speedo, whist I would recommend that you get it to read in MPH, this was not necessary for my MOT, and I think I'm right in saying that there isn't a compatible MPH speedo for the later Polish models (I just stuck on some stickers over the top lol). Also I made a guide for someone else so going to paste it here, sorry if it's a bit basic but It was everything I needed to do.
Hi, I have done the same thing about registering an import, there are some pitfalls which can be very expensive so be careful.
Step 1- Complete a SORN with HMRC and do it within 14 days or the fine is £5 a day after this.
Step 2- Get a vehicle import pack from DVLA by phoning them
Step 3- Get an MOT, just a normal one. (They use the VIN to register it).
Make sure you bring the Polish registration document (V5 equivalent) as they will need it to register for MOT. Tip- you will also have to swap the place of the fog light and revese light onto the opposite side and maybe get RHD headlights depending on the tester. Don't worry about the speedo being in kmh as this wasn't a problem for me
Step 4- Buy some insurance (insured on VIN). Make sure this is done after the MOT because some insurers will require a reg number after 14 days, so if the MOT fails then you may not have enough time. I would recommend Adrian Flux as they are a lot cheaper for imports for me.
Step 5- Send all of the requested documents, MOT certificate, Copy of Driving licence including counterpart, Polish V5 equivalent, insurance. A cheque for £55 (registration fee) and a cheque for £145 (tax) and also the form which requests details of the vehicle (weight etc...). TIP, get a certified copy of the registration document in case the documents get lost in the post as without it you will have a nightmare.
If you need any help dont hesitate to ask me.
-
Oh laners, Ladislav just offered me a pair of headlamp lenses for a tenner! :$
I'm gunna take a look at the pictures tomorrow
I'll let you know what I decide asap!
Cheers
-
I only need the Reg verifying for the V765 as I intend to keep the original registration number.
Yes I was going to do the sticker thing on my speedo, Wasn't sure if it was compulsory or not
Oh yeah I forgot about the insurance, I'll make sure to do that too. I couldn't do the HMRC stuff because I bought it in the UK and the guy hadn't imported it properly lol, I rang HMRC and they said it was fine, not my fault etc.
How do you get a certified copy?
the polish "V5" hasn't got my name on it but I have signed invoices showing chain of ownership, Is that ok?
do I need originals or is a copy for the one the guy made when he bought it ok?
Cheers
Joe
-
So you can keep the Polish registration plate? 😀 Want to do that for mine! A mate of mine who works at a garage said the speedo was not part of the MOT. For the HMRC part I was worried too, worried I'd have to pay a massive fine! The certified copy is not necessary, just good for peace of mind, a mate of mine just made a photo copy and works in a building society so stamped it with the stamp there. (Again not necessary but send the documents to DVLA tracked post etc as without the Polish V5 can get very expensive.). The DVLA don't care about the name on the Polish V5, only need it to verify details of car, type, age, engine etc...They won't need the receipt or anything.
Also, let me know how you get on with the numberplate thing as I'd like to get the Polish one back on as it has 126 in it.
-
yeah you can! :) I will let you know how it goes
do you get the polish docs back? If not, I'd like a copy for the history file :P
-
No you won't get the Polish documents back...... :( :(
-
copy everything before you send then you have some of its previous history
-
You don't need to do anything with changing the speedo to MPH . I've got two LHD cars (126 and TT) both still with KPH and never had a problem with MOT.
You don't really need the stickers, you soon learn the conversion in your head. You just need to memorise these 5 rough conversions. (they are not exact but fairly easy to remember)
50kph - 30mph
70kph - 40mph
80kph - 50mph
100kph - 60mph
110kph - 70mph
-
Awesome, i just need the headlights then :D
I think ill do the speedo sticker thing anyway, the v765 will take the longest i think
-
Sent the documents off on monday!
unfortunately didn't get much help from the fiat motor club, but I will try again with my certified copy once I am driving about
still looking for some RHD headlamps though! :/