Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: theBISiness on April 21, 2015, 10:37:51 AM

Title: Lowered Leaf Spring
Post by: theBISiness on April 21, 2015, 10:37:51 AM
Does anyone have a spare lowered front leaf, I'm in need of one! I tried the flipping route and it became too low, I cant get full lock and any sort of suspension is a thing of the past!

I removed the top two solid leaves flipped them and put them on the bottom to straighten out the leaf. Is this the best method?

Cheers!
Title: Re: Lowered Leaf Spring
Post by: Gadge on April 21, 2015, 12:14:28 PM
Yes that's probably why. I flipped just the one and thought it was too low and ended up fitting shims to the upper wish bones to bring the camber out. If I was to do the job again i'ld get a standard one re- tempered
Title: Re: Lowered Leaf Spring
Post by: Dom.kelltt on April 21, 2015, 04:07:57 PM
Well, all I did was flip the top two but leave them at the top so it's low but then when you get in it doesn't lower any more as they then come in contact, ant say how they drive or handle as of yet but time will tell shortly
Dom


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Lowered Leaf Spring
Post by: theBISiness on April 22, 2015, 01:46:50 PM
I've ordered a reverse eye leaf from 500 mania. Hoping that will sort it out. I've heard you can cut the mounting blocks down by 11mm as well? I'm hoping this won't give me too much camber as after flipping the leaf my wheels seemed to be almost at 45 degrees.