Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: Kent126 on January 28, 2015, 01:48:43 PM

Title: Wanted parts
Post by: Kent126 on January 28, 2015, 01:48:43 PM
Hi guys,
    There are a few parts I need and I'm struggling to find them. Ideally if I can find them brand new somewhere that would be better. If not than decent condition second hand parts will be ok as long as they can be refurbished to a good standard.

If anyone has any lying around in good condition or knows where I can buy them any advice would be appreciated.

Fiat 126, 1974 accelerator pedal. Must be the type shown below;

(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/28/5d9f2282d0aff6e1db8a93ec07fb176c.jpg)

Also need a fiat 126 wiring loom from 1974

Original rear plastic air vents from a series one car.

Tom
Title: Re: Wanted parts
Post by: Pete126 on January 28, 2015, 06:03:58 PM
The accelerator pedal looks like the standard one on the Bis ;D
Title: Re: Wanted parts
Post by: Bar Vitelli on January 28, 2015, 08:10:06 PM
If not then Franco may have one but they are very expensive for RHD...repairing the one you have may be a more affordable option.
Title: Re: Wanted parts
Post by: Kent126 on February 03, 2015, 10:46:38 PM
I will need to email him, everything pedal wise seems to be LHD on his website. How 'expensive' is expensive?

Anyone got a 'bis' pedal lying around?

Tom


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Title: Re: Wanted parts
Post by: poxxxy on February 04, 2015, 02:03:11 PM
Whats up with your own? They're fairly simple I believe...
Title: Re: Wanted parts
Post by: drcdb15 on February 08, 2015, 12:37:32 AM
Indeed they are, having taken two apart now to make serviceable - one from a Bis and one from an A/C, and from memory they are both the same. The one I have on my bench at present is the A/c one, and it's welded at both ends so full dismantling is not possible. However, the inner (moving) rod is located in the fixed tube with a small circlip at one end. This is easily removed and replaced, and when removed allows the inner rod to be moved relative to the outer tube. Lots of WD40, waxoyl, 3-in-1 oil or anything else that's runny is OK to get it freed up if it's rusty and seized. My personal regime is to use WD40 to get it free, hang it up vertically to aid distribution, flood the top end over several days with regular copious amounts of WD40, don't forget the drip tray underneath so you don't make a mess plus you can 're-circulate' the oil. When it's all free, then I do the same with waxoyl, to make sure the inner surfaces have some rust protection. But waxoyl will eventually dry to just the wax bit, which can be a tad sticky, so the final stage just before refitting to the car is to run in some ordinary lubricating oil - old engine oil, 3-in-1 or whatever, and then re-fit the circlip and re-fit the pedal to the car. Being horizontal in location, any surplus oil will usually stay in the tube ensuring the pedal operates freely, but for the first week or so of use just keep a rag or kitchen towel at each end to soak up any oil that spills out.
Title: Re: Wanted parts
Post by: Marky on February 08, 2015, 07:52:16 AM
Try www.ricambio.co.uk
If they don't have your parts in stock, they can get them. Marky  ;D
Title: Re: Wanted parts
Post by: Bar Vitelli on February 08, 2015, 08:40:00 AM
Less than £100 for RHD. Depending upon what is broke it may be best to fix yourself.
Title: Re: Wanted parts
Post by: sunriser81 on February 08, 2015, 10:47:14 AM
Hi Kent126 Do you still looking for I-series complete loom as have got on stock. cheers.
Title: Re: Wanted parts
Post by: 126blackbird on February 08, 2015, 12:35:41 PM
Hi Tom, did you find an accelerator pedal yet, I think I may have one for a Bis
 Graham
Title: Re: Wanted parts
Post by: DeVilleChris on February 08, 2015, 03:49:01 PM
I have an A/C one but I think it is probably in worse condition..
Title: Re: Wanted parts
Post by: Bar Vitelli on February 08, 2015, 04:02:44 PM
Don't throw it away, Chris, if Tom does not want it I 'd be up for a spare! I think you might have the plastic air vents that Tom is after though from the car you broke?
Title: Re: Wanted parts
Post by: DeVilleChris on February 08, 2015, 07:20:23 PM
Nope, they're already spoken for by OPD :)
Title: Re: Wanted parts
Post by: Bar Vitelli on February 14, 2015, 10:03:38 PM
I've found the air vents on eBay Italy for EUR 40 - let me know if you are interested and I'll PM you the link.  ;D
Title: Re: Wanted parts
Post by: Kent126 on March 11, 2015, 05:30:12 PM
Hi Garry, are the vents still on ebay?

Graham, can you send me a pic of the pedal you have to [email protected]? Thanks.

Thanks for all the advice. I shall have another go and freeing the pedal. I have two. One is rusted solid, and the second is broken and needs welding.

Tom


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Title: Re: Wanted parts
Post by: Kent126 on March 11, 2015, 10:52:36 PM
Found some vents now.
Just hoping my broken Italian is good enough to get then posted to me :-)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Title: Re: Wanted parts
Post by: Kent126 on March 15, 2015, 07:52:36 PM
Got the vents on order from eBay Italy.

Finally freed the accelerator pedal but it wasn't easy! What a nightmare. Anyway I should be able to make that serviceable again tomorrow.

The loom I might not need now, but Chris has one in case I need one.

Will be posting again for some more parts if I can't find them online.

Tom


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Title: Re: Wanted parts
Post by: drcdb15 on March 17, 2015, 06:39:05 PM
Finally freed the accelerator pedal but it wasn't easy! What a nightmare.

Er, let me see, now... accelerator pedal made in 1974....  never been lubricated ....   now 2015.... in Britain.... cold..... wet..... damp.... condensation....   rust..... 39 years of corrosion.....

Right, now exactly how easy did you think it would be ??  ;)

Short of painting the Forth Bridge or chipping scale off a North Sea rig, what better fun can be had in the world of restoring hopelessly corroded old parts than freeing up a baby Fiat accelerator pedal?

I mean, isn't that why you got the car in the first place ???

 ;D
Title: Re: Wanted parts
Post by: Kent126 on March 17, 2015, 08:49:05 PM
I'm not gonna lie, I do like the easy way out!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.