Club126UK

Fiat 126 Chat => Tuning & Customising 126 Models => Topic started by: Da Londo on January 16, 2015, 09:40:36 PM

Title: Which flywheel to choose
Post by: Da Londo on January 16, 2015, 09:40:36 PM
So I was browsing for a flywheel but I find so many different types and don't know which to choose.
The shop sells them from a weight of 2,5kg up to 4,5kg. All with a weight increase of 0,1kg.
I need it for a 650 with FZD 32.28 and swiatek camshaft. Head skimmed, elec. ignition etc.
Advice anyone?
Title: Re: Which flywheel to choose
Post by: Gadge on January 16, 2015, 11:02:17 PM
I'ld stay away from a really light one as it may run lumpy on idle - remember it's only a twin :D perhaps 4kg?
Title: Re: Which flywheel to choose
Post by: Da Londo on January 16, 2015, 11:42:57 PM
I had my eye on one from fiat500ricambi, it's 4,3. They only do 3 version 2 - 2,5 and 4,3 but today I found these and they are better in price but now the range is so wide. 4 may be the right one to choose... or 3,5  :-
Title: Re: Which flywheel to choose
Post by: Da Londo on August 05, 2015, 10:23:13 PM
Still haven't decided yet, I have narrowed it down to 3,5 or 4,0kg.

No recommendations?
Title: Re: Which flywheel to choose
Post by: Piotross on August 05, 2015, 10:29:50 PM
3.7 Kg to 4.0 Kg is the best weight of flywheel.
Title: Re: Which flywheel to choose
Post by: Da Londo on August 05, 2015, 11:01:15 PM
Well, 4 it is then. Tnx Piotr.
Title: Re: Which flywheel to choose
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on August 08, 2015, 07:17:26 AM
I think that the lighter you go then having the engine parts balanced becomes more important  :)
Title: Re: Which flywheel to choose
Post by: dikkehemaworst on September 14, 2015, 03:23:31 PM
I took mine from a 600 cc fiat 500 engine
 I wanted a lighter one but not too light. The 499cc was to lumpy nut the 600 cc is really ok with my set up. ( weber 40 and 800cc)
Title: Re: Which flywheel to choose
Post by: Da Londo on October 02, 2015, 08:13:48 AM
So that would be a flywheel of 5.7K.