Club126UK

Fiat 126 Chat => Tuning & Customising 126 Models => Topic started by: Scarlettkitten on November 12, 2014, 08:40:35 AM

Title: Adapter plate for FIAT FIRE engine to BIS gearbox
Post by: Scarlettkitten on November 12, 2014, 08:40:35 AM
Does anyone know of any companies that sell adapter plates to fit the Fiat FIRE engine to the BIS gearbox, either in the UK or Poland?  I've had a good look but  I can't find any.

Soph
Title: Re: Adapter plate for FIAT FIRE engine to BIS gearbox
Post by: 1973/126 on November 12, 2014, 09:32:48 AM
 An adapter plate to couple a bis gearbox to a FIRE engine might be a problem, but you can always swap your bell housing for an air cooled one. It`s a very simple job.
 I think the company who used to do the adapter plates are called TRS, but I`m sure one of our Polish members will be able to advise.
Title: Re: Adapter plate for FIAT FIRE engine to BIS gearbox
Post by: Piotross on November 12, 2014, 10:15:36 AM
show me a photo of part you need. I will see what we have in stock
Title: Re: Adapter plate for FIAT FIRE engine to BIS gearbox
Post by: Scarlettkitten on November 12, 2014, 10:32:06 AM
This is an adapter plate someone made up for the aircooled 126 gearbox, so something like this but with the starter hole in another position if not I'll get an aircooled bell housing for the BIS gearbox.

(http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d5/sophie_ann2/f10_zpsea9a683a.jpg) (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/sophie_ann2/media/f10_zpsea9a683a.jpg.html)

Title: Re: Adapter plate for FIAT FIRE engine to BIS gearbox
Post by: Piotross on November 12, 2014, 11:16:13 AM
This part is made and projected by someone but there is not in stock, there is not possibility to buy it in Poland now
Title: Re: Adapter plate for FIAT FIRE engine to BIS gearbox
Post by: 1973/126 on November 12, 2014, 11:35:40 AM
 There was one on eBay recently and it hasn`t sold. Might be worth contacting the seller if you can`t buy anywhere else.
 Here is the link. I hope it works.
 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-126-Gearbox-Conversion-Plate-For-Punto-Engine-Swap-Or-Panda-Carb-Engine-/121451659436?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=qZZAoJu9za8ykXQB7lbmtLY5LzY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
Title: Re: Adapter plate for FIAT FIRE engine to BIS gearbox
Post by: dajwid on November 12, 2014, 04:27:27 PM
http://www.budowaswapow.com/index.php?id=sklep/swap/swap

Everything you need apart from help with the chance of registering the car for use in the UK  :cry: >:( ;D
Title: Re: Adapter plate for FIAT FIRE engine to BIS gearbox
Post by: Scarlettkitten on November 12, 2014, 04:35:55 PM
Cheers for the links  :)

The car is already registered in the UK, it's insurance that will be the hard part, but engine swaps are common with the imp and mini guys so anything can and will be done.
Title: Re: Adapter plate for FIAT FIRE engine to BIS gearbox
Post by: Turbo93 on December 06, 2014, 07:30:36 PM
Q


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Adapter plate for FIAT FIRE engine to BIS gearbox
Post by: Turbo93 on December 06, 2014, 07:31:40 PM
In my country the adaptors are called flunges. Im guessing if you go to an engineering workshop they might make one for you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Adapter plate for FIAT FIRE engine to BIS gearbox
Post by: poxxxy on December 14, 2014, 10:24:32 PM
Did you ask Michał Żurawski on facebook at all about adapter plates? If he can't help I'm sure I could CAD one up and get it lasered up.