Club126UK

Fiat 126 Chat => Tuning & Customising 126 Models => Topic started by: dom.kellett on November 01, 2014, 08:57:56 PM

Title: Cambbbbeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post by: dom.kellett on November 01, 2014, 08:57:56 PM
Does anybody know how to camber my front wheels slightly? Seen it on this (http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/01/2c899d600d8396bcc021bf186c56b120.jpg) and wanted to do the same, any clues or advice could help me greatly :)
And yes it's suprised me I have made a topic and it's not about engine conversion lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Cambbbbeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post by: Gadge on November 01, 2014, 10:19:13 PM
I've found that the more you lower it, the bigger the camber will be. I flipped a leaf on mine and then fitted air cooled rear shocks to the front (shorter and stiffer) and the camber was ridiculous. It's the same story at the back, just cut a coil :)
Title: Re: Cambbbbeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post by: dom.kellett on November 01, 2014, 10:23:29 PM
Ahh right, on some cars/hubs there is an adjuster bolt or hinge, but thankyou I may give it ago tomorrow if I have time lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Cambbbbeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post by: Gadge on November 01, 2014, 10:28:38 PM
On the front as the car lowers the leaf pushes out at the bottom hence why it give the negative camber shorter shocks or cut down mounting blocks will see the camber come out. It'll be a harsh ride though - mine was so I put it back  :D
Title: Re: Cambbbbeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post by: dom.kellett on November 01, 2014, 10:33:56 PM
What About lowering it with the coilovers conversions? Even though I've changed them should It still create camber for me? 😜


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Cambbbbeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post by: Gadge on November 01, 2014, 10:46:12 PM
Not sure about coil overs as you do away with the leaf spring and replace it with a solid beam. Kits are available but are pricey...... Around £600  :-X I belive they are adjustable though
Title: Re: Cambbbbeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post by: dom.kellett on November 01, 2014, 10:49:05 PM
Yeah we will have to wait and see eh :) thanks for your help :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Cambbbbeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post by: stuey on November 03, 2014, 09:59:51 AM
or-

http://club126uk.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=1022.105

(halfway down the page)

front diy camber- a drill and a welder!
Title: Re: Cambbbbeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post by: dom.kellett on November 03, 2014, 06:04:59 PM
Ok then thankyou stuey :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Cambbbbeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post by: dom.kellett on November 03, 2014, 07:12:19 PM
So then stuey, does that just lower it or does it do both?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Cambbbbeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post by: stuey on November 03, 2014, 09:57:08 PM
Nope it's just a camber mod you still need to lower it but a lowering spring and some cut down isolater blocks will take care of it for a lot less than a coilovers set up.  :D
Title: Re: Cambbbbeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post by: dom.kellett on November 03, 2014, 10:35:56 PM
Hmm just a random question but is it worth jumping to coilies or just lower leafs?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Cambbbbeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post by: stuey on November 04, 2014, 10:45:09 AM
I'm no expert but I'd think you would
Create all sorts of rebound and handling
Problems...
Title: Re: Cambbbbeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post by: dom.kellett on November 04, 2014, 03:14:39 PM
I'll go to coil overs then :) thankyou for your help And advice anyway


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Cambbbbeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post by: Gadge on November 04, 2014, 05:00:03 PM
By flipping one leaf the ride does go soft - fine in normal ( even wet) conditions but I wouldn't want to go rally driving in it. The best and ideal solution would be coil overs but there expensive
Title: Re: Cambbbbeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post by: dom.kellett on November 19, 2014, 09:04:31 PM
Saving for coilovers it is then ;) thanks for your help and advice though :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Cambbbbeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post by: BigNik on January 28, 2015, 08:12:03 PM
Just to dive in on what Gadge was saying. If i fit a lowered leaf spring and a set of rear shocks to the front will this give it a really aggresive looking camber?
Title: Re: Cambbbbeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post by: Gadge on January 29, 2015, 07:03:07 AM
Yes it will. The tops of the wheels will just tuck right under the arch - great if you really love negative camber but I found the steering very strange indeed so must so that I had to revert back :D