Club126UK
For Sale & Wanted => For Sale: => Topic started by: Piotross on October 26, 2014, 01:49:24 PM
-
Hello,
I have to offer complete new disc brake conversion Kit to Fiat 126 and BIS on front axle
It's all set to install on front axle of Fiat
2x new brake discs adapters
2x new complete calipers BOSCH
2x new brake discs BOSCH
4x new brake pads BOSCH
This brake system is more better than serial brakes and installing of it is not complicated. I have instruction for interested users.
I also have in my stock rear brake discs adapters to install disc brake conversion kit on rear axle.
(http://iv.pl/images/58846333276636450590_thumb.jpg) (http://iv.pl/viewer.php?file=58846333276636450590.jpg) (http://iv.pl/images/94602074151577846828_thumb.jpg) (http://iv.pl/viewer.php?file=94602074151577846828.jpg)
-
I like your shock absorber ;D
Piotross when you going to make a front independent suspension kit?
-
Hi piotross how much are the rear disc adaptors?
-
£60
-
Is that including delivery to the UK? :)
And what calipers do they use? Punto HGT?
-
Yes, I can send it with postage in this price :)
Rear Calipers from Fiat Punto GT, Punto II HGT, Uno Turbo, Bravo / Brava / Marea, Coupe, Barchetta fit into these brake adaptors
-
Hi Piotross, what is the price delivered to UK for the complete FRONT kit. And what is the process of payment and currency conversion? Thanks
-
Hello, the price for comlepte front brake kit is £225 with postage. All set is heavy and same delivery cost £35.
Every parts are new.
-
So £260 total ?
-
Total is £225 with postage to UK.
-
What would it cost to deliver it to The Netherlands?
-
I have just completed a review of all the suppliers of this type of kit I can find, covering it seems the UK, Italy and Germany (Ritz Handels do one, as well as Axel Gerstl) and I was surprised to find no fewer than TEN different suppliers!
Of all of these, Piotross' price is the most competitive, so I would like to place an order. HOWEVER... does anyone have experience of importing this type of kit into the UK ? I have imported before from the US and Canada, and a Fiat fuel tank from Germany, and it's been OK, no hassle. But the last time I did it was about 12 years go, and times change. Last year my daughter imported a shower curtain (... don't ask!! some unique designer thing, apparently, but it looked to me as a mere male like any other shower curtain) and UK customs stopped it, and slapped on some crazy import tax that literally raised the cost by about EIGHTY PER CENT :o
So whilst I would love to buy Piotross' brakes kit, I really don't want to pay an 80% premium for the privilege. So can anyone reassure me that I won't get stung ?
The scam of the whole thing is that once Customs impound it, you are stuffed - you either pay up the duty to get the item, or they return it to sender and YOU get charged with that return shipping charge. So either way they screw you.
Thanks.
-
All I can say is that I ordered a brand new cylinder head off piotross as it was a great price. the price I paid was the only price I paid and a little over two weeks later I recieved it. i got stung once when I ordered something from America once so I know how you feel. Don't forget Poland is part of the EU so should be free of import duty (unless it's tobacco or alcohol)
-
Many thanks for that, it's reassuring - but what about the difference in VAT, 20% here and 19% there (is it 19%? I don't know, but 19% in Germany). Doesn't Customs demand the 1% difference ? (since VAT is actually an excise tax/duty isn't it?)
-
Hi drcdb15, you have nothing to worry about. The parts come from Poland and with us both being in the EU no tax or import fees apply to anything shipped between the countries. As for Piotross I can give you my word hes very trust worthy. I myself have bought a copper head gasket which arrived quickly and no bother :D. I have also just bought this very kit off of Piotr and it was posted Monday :)! The parts I have had so far have been excellent quality the price is by far the lowest! Hope this helped! :)
-
Every parts I am sending as a gift so there is no problems with tax for import in other country.
pietschokkenbroek I send you message
-
I have seen somebody selling a lot like this one on eBay, £260 which is the same price with brembo pads, disc and caliper, anybody got an insight on which is best? Bosh or brembo?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
I saw that one too, and the eBay seller is highly praised elsewhere on Club126UK. As to which is "best" depends on what "best" it is you are talking about. The initial price may be the same (actually, at £225 Piotr is 15% cheaper) so one 'best' question is, how easy and pricey will it be to get new discs/pads when the first set wear out ? I don't know the answer to this, but for myself I expect my mileage and demands of braking to be so low that I will wear out long before the brakes do. And with my car being so light, almost ANY disc/pad will be good enough to offer a substantial improvement to the braking (Ladislav reckons it might even be too much improvement!). On the other hand, if you are talking about your Scooby 1800 conversion, then braking efficiency might be a much more pertinent issue, regardless of replacement parts cost and availability. The Bosch discs seem to be plain whilst the Brembos *look* grooved and drilled and so on, so one might presume them to be of higher performance spec. But whether they actually are or not, or whether that grooving is just to make them look sexy, I cannot say.
-
Ahh right ok then, I'll have to do some research about the situation thankyou
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Thats my brake kit from Piotr arrived this morning and they look excellent! :) Hopefully now the fiat will actually stop haha!
-
So that's pretty much two full weeks delivery if they were dispatched on 27 October. But well worth the wait if they live up to the promise ;)
(Looks like I have at least another week to wait, then... :cry:)
-
I did forget to mention I am very far up in the Scottish Highlands so I'd expect it to be with you in a bit less time than it took to get all the way up here :)
-
There is not much difference if you install a set of Brembo brakes or Bosh brakes because the original brake master cylinder is so weak that the installation of any brake discs will benefit and improve braking. The Fiat 126 reaches speeds too small to grooved and drilled Brembo brakes use its potencial 100%. It is important that brake discs were simple and had no beatings. Every brakes systems are better if calipers have more than one pistons. In Fiat 126 there is a problem to instal calipers with two or more pistons because there is no pleace to install rim then. Set of Bosh brakes was tested by many users and there weren't bad opinions.
-
@Rory, the Heilans are nae *that* far north, it's just the speed cameras on the A9 makes it seem that way :(
By the way, does anyone know what's happened to the Members' Map? It seems to me that a number of members' locations (including mine) that were once marked have disappeared. Allegedly we have no-one north of Middlesborough (cue obvious jokes about why would anyone want to live north of Middlesborough...etc) [though those of us who have spent many years doing just that know the answer ;)]
-
My disc brake conversion kit arrived today, that's 19 days from when Piotr told me he'd received the payment and would send the goods within a few days - so as with others, looks like a fortnight is about the regular overland shipping time. What can I tell you? The bits look good, all nice and new and shiny, and all very well packaged, I think half the annual Polish cardboard output must be in there ;D
I transferred the money by PayPal so there was no hassle with banks or exchange rates, and all in all Piotr seems to understand the fundamental golden rule of sales - offer a good product at a fair price, and make it easy to buy and pay, and people will come back for more. I guess I am preaching to the converted on here, though d'oh ::)
Many thanks, Piotr ;)
-
Thnaks too :) I still have in stock rear brake disc adaptors to instal all set of brake disc on rear axle
-
Still have in stock 2 sets
-
UP!
-
Do you still have a complete front disc kit in stock?
-
Yes
-
Hi Piotross, do you know if this kit will work with the standard 12inch wheels on my 99 126p?
-
This KIT is only for 13' inch wheels.
-
What offset is needed for these conversions? The same offset as original or more?
Dom
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
The conversion that Piotross shows is the same as the one I settled on as the best and most economical possible conversion which will give you the same wheel alignment as brake drums . Straight swop for the Bis with the 13" wheels but you need to increase the wheel size from 12" on the air cooled cars. I think I covered all the tech stuff in previous posts and if you want to get a set up for 12" wheels it all gets more complicated and expensive.
-
Dom.kelltt the offset is not important. The most important thing is to have a 13' wheels. Usually most of rims 13' have similar offset.
-
And 13" wheels give you a vastly wider range of options for wheels style and which tyres to buy. And generally being a tad wider by an inch or so than the 12", there's probably better road holding though possibly higher fuel consumption if the wheels are heavier (though in my limited experience there's not a lot in it). The standard a/c wheels are 4" width, whereas 13" wheels generally start at 5", and I have seen up to 8" wide advertised.
-
Ok then Thankyou guys! I'm looking to get banded steelies for mine as I think they look good yet still are fairly cheap for a brand new set exactly to my own personal specifications, thanks again.
Dom
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
I recognise that I'm probably telling all you old lags out there (like me!) how to suck eggs, but for our younger readers, when it comes to all things tyres, wheels, offsets and ETs, I have always found this site very useful: http://www.alloywheels.com/tyre_calculator
They started life as Rochford Tyres Ltd, which shows you how old I am :$ and although the site generally is now all glitzy and modern, I am amused to see the fitting charts are still in the same old font us oldies recognise instantly as being forever associated with the Amstrad PCW series word processors of the 1985-95 era... ah, what wonderful machines they were...
This site is particularly useful in that it not only compares what you propose to fit with what you already have, but it also offers loads of other combinations you may not have thought of. As far as I know, it's the only site to do this but doubtless others will correct me if that's no longer the case.
Most sites simply compare 'proposed' vs 'existing' and tell you the change in rolling diameter etc, but *this* site is very good: http://www.willtheyfit.com/ because it also shows you graphically changes in tyre width, wheel offset and even wheel arch clearance change.
Once you've been through these sites, don't forget that just because a new tyre size is possible in theory that doesn't mean that you can actually *buy* it!!!
So a good place to do a quick check is http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/ Here you can enter the proposed tyre size and immediately you'll get an idea of how widely available that size is: if you get perhaps 3 or 4 tyres listed, that's bad news. A good/popular size with plenty of choice will get you maybe 40 or 50 or more choices, and a price range to match.
You can also see at a glance if the tyres offered are VAN tyres - not so likely at baby Fiat sizes, but I had a classic once with 14" wheels and these days about all you can get in that size is van tyres - but go to 15" and you get a cast of thousands. You'll find the same dramatic increase in choice in going from 12" to 13".
Finally, apart from the obvious physical fit issues of clearing the wheel arches and the disc brakes (which is where we started ;)) don't forget that changing the overall wheel/tyre diameter will affect your speedo reading, and of course also the car's performance, and although a speedo accuracy is not a UK MoT item afaik, the speedo does have to be fitted and it does have to work, and arguably it will not be considered to "work" if it gives a wrong reading ("wrong" means more than 10% below true speed or any amount above true speed - the MoT testers among us will correct me on that I am sure).
Sorry I've prattled on so long. I'll shut up now.
-
Yes
I am interested if still a set of brake conversion kita are available both for front and rear axles. By the way, what are the differences of front and rear axles kits ?
-
Do you have any kits left?
I would like one for the Front axle of my 126 bis.
-
Yes I have
-
still actual
-
Hi there
Are there any disc conversion kits still available???
-
Hi there
Are there any disc conversion kits still available???
I still have some new laser cut adaptor plates :)