Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: DeVilleChris on August 01, 2014, 12:30:38 PM

Title: Boot lid
Post by: DeVilleChris on August 01, 2014, 12:30:38 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-Early-Fiat-126-boot-lid-/191270700635?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c889f465b


boot lid
Title: Re: Boot lid
Post by: wsmitwil on August 28, 2014, 07:08:54 PM

I managed to get my fingers on this one sent it to me via courier,

I have tried to restore myself but the amount of rust on it was just too much so have decided to send it to surface processing limited, and get it stripped and plated hope to get it back in a couple of weeks to show you all

http://www.surfaceprocessing.co.uk

The boss told me that there was a 126 booked in next week to be stripped, anyone on here  :)
Title: Re: Boot lid
Post by: Henmiester on August 28, 2014, 08:39:32 PM
Hi,  really looking forward to see how things turn out. I have a spare bonnet that i want stripping. Depending on the result will decide if i get it done. I understand there are a number of different processes to strip paint and rust from panels. All say they are the best way. Simon.
Title: Re: Boot lid
Post by: Bar Vitelli on August 28, 2014, 09:20:38 PM
That's interesting, my 126 radar is buzzing, you will have to find out more, Will, it would be good to know what colour car it is, could it be black?
Title: Re: Boot lid
Post by: wsmitwil on August 28, 2014, 10:08:03 PM
Hopefully when I collect my engine lid, the car is going to be there so I can see it

I'm looking forward to the results, as for the company, it's amazing got taken round the whole site to look how it was done and saw some cars, amazed, hopefully the lid doesn't come back like Swiss cheese  :P
Title: Re: Boot lid
Post by: andyzeetec on August 28, 2014, 10:59:10 PM
Way to go, I love the step by step Restoration guide on the Volvo P1800  8)

I guess it isnt cheap.


I managed to get my fingers on this one sent it to me via courier,

I have tried to restore myself but the amount of rust on it was just too much so have decided to send it to surface processing limited, and get it stripped and plated hope to get it back in a couple of weeks to show you all

http://www.surfaceprocessing.co.uk

The boss told me that there was a 126 booked in next week to be stripped, anyone on here  :)

Title: Re: Boot lid
Post by: wsmitwil on August 29, 2014, 05:00:46 PM

I dident think it was too bad, with tax it was a choice of it to be stripped for £90 or get it stripped and plated for £144, for cars it's around £1500 and that's a standard price no matter what car you have it's the same for a 126 as it is for a e-type jag
Title: Re: Boot lid
Post by: wsmitwil on September 11, 2014, 06:41:19 PM

Getting this back tomorrow, unfortunately I'm not collecting it so won't be able to get pics but will try to get as much info as possible
Title: Re: Boot lid
Post by: wsmitwil on September 12, 2014, 05:22:12 PM

Got some pics here, no 126 was there though  :cry:, but the lid is great saved me some time  :P

(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/wsmitwil/imagejpg1_zpsc6c25572.jpg) (http://s45.photobucket.com/user/wsmitwil/media/imagejpg1_zpsc6c25572.jpg.html)

(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/wsmitwil/imagejpg3_zpsfcfe74a2.jpg) (http://s45.photobucket.com/user/wsmitwil/media/imagejpg3_zpsfcfe74a2.jpg.html)

(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/wsmitwil/imagejpg7_zps1c98f372.jpg) (http://s45.photobucket.com/user/wsmitwil/media/imagejpg7_zps1c98f372.jpg.html)

(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/wsmitwil/imagejpg4_zpsb2826448.jpg) (http://s45.photobucket.com/user/wsmitwil/media/imagejpg4_zpsb2826448.jpg.html)

(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/wsmitwil/imagejpg5_zps5ff66025.jpg) (http://s45.photobucket.com/user/wsmitwil/media/imagejpg5_zps5ff66025.jpg.html)

(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/wsmitwil/imagejpg6_zps5f3bb981.jpg) (http://s45.photobucket.com/user/wsmitwil/media/imagejpg6_zps5f3bb981.jpg.html)





Title: Re: Boot lid
Post by: DeVilleChris on September 12, 2014, 08:25:18 PM
Looks nice  :o
Title: Re: Boot lid
Post by: wsmitwil on September 14, 2014, 08:09:43 AM

I'm amazed at the condition, this process got all the rust In between all the folds and box sections which I couldn't of done I recommend this process,

Now I've got to put all the seam sealant back into it  :P