Club126UK

Welcome to the CLUB126UK Forum => Meetings & Events => Topic started by: Pete126 on February 26, 2014, 10:44:02 PM

Title: Brooklands Museum ‘Italian Car Day’ Saturday May 3rd
Post by: Pete126 on February 26, 2014, 10:44:02 PM
Developed over the last 28 years in association with Auto Italia magazine, the Italian Car Day has become established as the UK’s premier event for owners and admirers of Italian cars. Brooklands Museum is once again the venue, this historic location providing visitors with the opportunity to see and hear selected cars being demonstrated on the demanding hillclimb and the circuit at the adjacent Mercedes-Benz World. Visitors arriving in any Italian car, be it a Fiat or a Ferrari, will have the opportunity to park in the areas set aside for the appropriate marques, car clubs and register displays.
Title: Re: Brooklands Museum ‘Italian Car Day’ Saturday May 3rd
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on February 27, 2014, 02:05:56 PM
I have been to Auto Italia events at all of the normal venues over the years I can say that the Brooklands event is the biggest and the best but of course it is the most expensive. Having said that not only do you get the most amazing collection of Italian cars but then you have all of the attractions that the Brooklands museum has to offer which is well worth a visit in it'self. Just going around the M25 in the morning you can spot the classic Italian cars and if you go in your Fiat you will get into the centre of the event after maybe lining up to get in surrounded by Fiats , Alfas , Ferraris , Lambos etc etc
If you have an interest in the history of motor sport and Italian cars then this event should be on your list of "things I should do in my lifetime"  :)
Title: Re: Brooklands Museum ‘Italian Car Day’ Saturday May 3rd
Post by: the duke of 126 on March 01, 2014, 02:46:11 PM
im going from Essex, can we get a group going ?
Title: Re: Brooklands Museum ‘Italian Car Day’ Saturday May 3rd
Post by: Bambino126 on March 02, 2014, 01:08:11 PM
There was cool 126 there last year in dark green. That's what got me interested in them and buy one. It poured with rain on and off all day!
Title: Re: Brooklands Museum ‘Italian Car Day’ Saturday May 3rd
Post by: 1973/126 on April 22, 2014, 09:21:14 AM
 So anyone else on here is going to this one?
 We`ll be there either in a Uno or a 127 :$
 If anyone needs any parts and I`ve got them I can bring them along.
Title: Re: Brooklands Museum ‘Italian Car Day’ Saturday May 3rd
Post by: the duke of 126 on April 22, 2014, 10:00:07 PM
so is anyone going to go?
Title: Re: Brooklands Museum ‘Italian Car Day’ Saturday May 3rd
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on April 23, 2014, 07:34:55 PM
Bambino you did not mention the lighter green one that was there  ;)
I had quite a chat with the owner of that car and it is a dead ringer for the car we know as "Greenfly" but I believe in LHD form. It would be great to see both those cars side by side but you would have to be a well heeled banker to consider buying one  ;D
I will be going and I believe that Pete 126 is coming down from Leeds. Lasdt time I spoke to Lina she said she was going but not in a 126 as her engine is on my table in my conservatory  :)
Title: Re: Brooklands Museum ‘Italian Car Day’ Saturday May 3rd
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on May 02, 2014, 01:51:56 PM
Weather forecast - "starting fine , staying dry and warmer in the South"  :)
Title: Re: Brooklands Museum ‘Italian Car Day’ Saturday May 3rd
Post by: the duke of 126 on May 02, 2014, 09:52:15 PM
i'm going , driv ing down from Essex. be there about 9.30
Title: Re: Brooklands Museum ‘Italian Car Day’ Saturday May 3rd
Post by: Bambino126 on May 04, 2014, 08:30:13 PM
Think I saw you buzz past me actually, you drive a Bis right? Did you take your car up the test hill?
Bit thin on 126's this year, plenty of 127's though.
Title: Re: Brooklands Museum ‘Italian Car Day’ Saturday May 3rd
Post by: Pete126 on May 04, 2014, 09:08:28 PM
Great to meet up with you guys yesterday ;D Just a few snaps :P

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/Picture070.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/Picture069.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/Picture066.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/Picture064.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/Picture063.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/Picture062.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/Picture061.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/Picture060.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/Picture059.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/Picture058.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/Picture057.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/Picture056.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/Picture055.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/Picture054.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/Picture053.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/Picture051.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/Picture050.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/Picture049.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/Picture048.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/Picture047.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/Picture044.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/Picture041.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1355.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1354.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1352.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1351.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1347.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1346.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1343.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1342.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1341.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1340.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1339.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1337.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1334.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1333.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1332.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1331.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1330.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1329.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1328.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1327.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1326.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1323.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1322.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1321.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1320.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1318.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1316.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1314.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1313.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1312.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1310.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1309.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1308.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1307.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1306.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1305.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1302.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1301.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1300.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1298.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1297.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1295.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1294.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1293.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1291.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1288.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1287.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1286.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1283.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1281.jpg)

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/Brooklands%20AutoItalia%202014/GOPR1279.jpg)
Title: Re: Brooklands Museum ‘Italian Car Day’ Saturday May 3rd
Post by: Bar Vitelli on May 04, 2014, 09:46:34 PM
Great pictures as always, Pete, looks like a top day out!  ;D

Beautiful cars, my favourites are Rusty's 126, the '67 Giardiniera and the green 500!  8)

What's Rusty up to in those pictures? Looks like you've caught him doing a deal on something!  ;D
Title: Re: Brooklands Museum ‘Italian Car Day’ Saturday May 3rd
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on May 05, 2014, 01:36:38 PM
Oh BV you know me so well !  :D
Actually that guy came over and was having a chat about 126s then told me that he used to be the 126 rep for the Fiat Motor Club GB. I could not remember his name & damn it I have forgotten it again but he used to write articles for their mag under the title of "Obsessive Behaviour" which centered around his car called "Stupid". I had had loads of telephone chats with him well over 15 years ago but never met him face to face before.
As for the deal I was showing him an ultra-light 126 flywheel (2.4kgs) that I just happened to have in my car.
Sunny day so it was a good turnout but as Pete said there are way more Ferrari Dinos here than Fiat 126s  :$
Title: Re: Brooklands Museum ‘Italian Car Day’ Saturday May 3rd
Post by: Bambino126 on May 06, 2014, 12:31:09 AM
I live just around the corner from Brooklands, so turned up to check out the show around lunchtime and they said the site was full So I had to park my 126 in the normal car park - I couldn't display it.  :(
Good show though but only 2 fiat 126's and mountains of Ferraris lol
Title: Re: Brooklands Museum ‘Italian Car Day’ Saturday May 3rd
Post by: the duke of 126 on May 09, 2014, 02:59:12 PM
i saw a realy nice red one parked out there , was it your's ?
(http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd135/trogman73/20140503_134121_zps50276018.jpg) (http://s227.photobucket.com/user/trogman73/media/20140503_134121_zps50276018.jpg.html)
(http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd135/trogman73/20140503_134111_zps17bb0fc9.jpg) (http://s227.photobucket.com/user/trogman73/media/20140503_134111_zps17bb0fc9.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Brooklands Museum ‘Italian Car Day’ Saturday May 3rd
Post by: Bambino126 on May 11, 2014, 09:55:31 PM
Yes that's my one!  ;D
They wouldn't let me bring it inside because the site was full. I'll get there earlier next year :$
Title: Re: Brooklands Museum ‘Italian Car Day’ Saturday May 3rd
Post by: Bambino126 on May 12, 2014, 05:29:28 PM
I'm using your pic as my profile pic if that's ok?
Title: Re: Brooklands Museum ‘Italian Car Day’ Saturday May 3rd
Post by: the duke of 126 on May 25, 2014, 11:00:00 PM
yes no prob , your car looked sweet , sad you could not get in , next year eh?
Title: Re: Brooklands Museum ‘Italian Car Day’ Saturday May 3rd
Post by: Bambino126 on May 29, 2014, 09:13:28 PM
Deffo!
 :D