Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: chug on February 06, 2014, 02:19:02 PM

Title: steering rack
Post by: chug on February 06, 2014, 02:19:02 PM
Hi all 126ers
Just had my ac 1982 mot'ed.  Passed ok but got advisory for steering rack.  My garage has said they could  get my steering rack reconditioned for around £150 plus labour.  Just been looking on internet - Ricambio want £250 for a new one .  Can anyone point me in the right direction or has any kind person got a spare for sale?
Many thanks
 
Title: Re: steering rack
Post by: ChrisRLewis on February 06, 2014, 03:27:09 PM
Is it a steering box or steering rack?  There's a company near me that reconditions steering racks and are very reasonable.  I can get a quote if you wish?
Title: Re: steering rack
Post by: chug on February 07, 2014, 08:48:46 PM
Hi Chris
It's the steering rack.  I'd be grateful if  you could get a quote if it's not too much trouble.  I think I will end up getting the rack reconditioned as I don't really want to be paying £250 plus.
Thanks for your help.