Club126UK

Welcome to the CLUB126UK Forum => Meetings & Events => Topic started by: Lina on January 15, 2014, 03:48:24 PM

Title: Lina visiting the North
Post by: Lina on January 15, 2014, 03:48:24 PM
Hi all,

Many apologies for being so quiet recently.  Hoping to make up for it by visiting some of you guys Up North in the next month or so, so as Bar Vitelli suggested meeting up, I'd like to see if anyone else would like to meet up too?

I'm taking the 126 up to be restored with a garage in Leeds and need to meet up with them before entrusting my little hero to them and will be there on a Friday or Saturday night, depending what day works out best for driving up and doing the deal.  Anyone up for catching up over a few beers sometime soon?

Lina
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: Bar Vitelli on January 15, 2014, 04:51:58 PM
Hi Lina, that's brilliant news, I've been meaning to get an up North do sorted out with Pete and what better time to do than when we have a guest of honour! Me and Mrs BV are definitely up it so please just let us know when you are planning to visit and we'll try fit in around you! If you need a B&B recommendation just let me know as there are a few good places nearby.  I'll start the ball rolling...

1) Lina & Co
2) BV
3) Mrs BV
4)....

I wonder if Ladislav and Tom will make the trip? Who knows, Rusty might even try his new engine out!

Something to look forward to at last!

Name the date and I'm sure the other up Northers will be there!
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: DeVilleChris on January 16, 2014, 07:04:16 PM
Let me know a date and will see
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: Bar Vitelli on January 16, 2014, 07:49:10 PM
Nice one, Chris...

Maybe Graham will come in his Fiat 126 Black (bird)? It would be great to meet Will (especially if he brings his spare 594cc engine with him!), Retro Rides is far too long to wait for a 126 meet!

Lina, we need a date....shout out an diet us know when you are planning to be here!
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: Lina on January 20, 2014, 10:04:23 AM
Cool guys, this is going to be fun!! Never felt like a guest of honour before  :P lol

The whole thing is dependent on a trail of variables involving house sales, solicitors and much paperwork, so I can't commit to anything until I know for sure I have things ready to get up there and collect Lina's Lovely Lada from Leeds, but as soon as I know more, I'll post here, I promise!

It could be as soon as the weekend of the 1st of Feb, but may well be the weekend of the 15th as I can't travel up on the weekend in between due to other commitments. I really hope it won't be any longer than that though  :)

I've invited the guys who are going to be restoring the 126 to also join us and they seem up for it too - be nice for you northerners to get to know other car nutters in the area  ;)

Lina
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: Kent126 on January 26, 2014, 01:19:31 AM
This sounds cool, when are you thinking. Getting time off work is difficult but if I get enough notice it can be done.

I will have to attend in my Skoda as my 126 isn't ready yet.

Tom


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: Lina on January 27, 2014, 09:25:15 AM
Well, still waiting for the house sale to complete, but rumour has it, it could be this Friday... Which would mean it's more than likely going to be the weekend of the 15th Feb.  What day's best for meeting up, Friday night or Saturday night for everyone?

Lina
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: Lina on February 01, 2014, 09:14:57 PM
Okay folks, it's definitely the weekend of the 15th.  We'll be coming up on the Friday, but going out for a nice meal on our own (don't forget guys, it's valentines day on the friday!!), meeting up with the chaps who'll be doing the work on Saturday daytime, then we'll be dragging them out with us to meet up with whoever can make it.

Pete's suggested a carvery then I reckon we can carry on into the evening with a beer or three ;-)

Who's in?

Lina x
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: Bar Vitelli on February 01, 2014, 10:43:12 PM
Ey up, Lina, that's great news, Saturday 15th sounds good to me so please count me and Mrs BV in! If the weather is good we will be there in our 126s! Pete loves his carvery's! Let me know when and where and we'll be there! If you need any help arranging or need ideas of where to stay then just let me know.  ;D
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: Lina on February 04, 2014, 01:52:56 PM
Thanks Bar, but it being Valentines, we have a hotel booked ;-) lol
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: Lina on February 10, 2014, 11:33:14 AM
Okay, looks set to be meeting at the Toby Carvery in Horsforth: http://www.tobycarvery.co.uk/horsforthleeds/ on Saturday 15th.  Not sure what time as yet, but probably early eve?

How's that for the Vitelli's??

Lina
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: DeVilleChris on February 10, 2014, 11:41:05 AM
I'll be there. Let me know a time
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: Lina on February 10, 2014, 11:51:27 AM
Update: Looks like early eve, 7 - 7.30 is a good time.  I'm sure a little flexibility with the times will be okay/understandable!

Is that good for everyone?  (Sorry DeVilleChris - I meant you too for checking for okay-ness!  :D )

Lina
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: Bar Vitelli on February 10, 2014, 07:33:52 PM
Hi Lina, that sounds good to me, Mrs BV is 50:50 but I'll definitely be there in my red 126 which is just back from the garage and all souped up! Just need to figure out how to find Horsforth now!
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: DeVilleChris on February 10, 2014, 07:36:34 PM
not sure if I'll be there in my 126 or a mini but will be there! 126 playing silly atm
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: Pete126 on February 10, 2014, 08:10:58 PM
I'll be there too ;D
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: Bar Vitelli on February 10, 2014, 08:28:48 PM
In your 126 or your Fiat Punto Sporting?  ;D
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on February 10, 2014, 09:03:16 PM
my red 126 which is just back from the garage and all souped up!

Hey BV I thought you were strictly standard spec with your cars so is this a secret or is it more to do with a bowl of ministrone ?  ;D
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: Bar Vitelli on February 11, 2014, 08:07:34 AM
We'll have to go head:head, Rusty and have a race! No mods but it's definitely got more power than my other cars especially uphill. It's had a 1st class service so maybe that's it? Either way it's great to fun to drive and tatty too so I don't have to worry about too much!  ;D
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: DeVilleChris on February 15, 2014, 08:50:56 AM
I'll join in on that race :D

Also sat nav says 40 mins from me to carvery BV. Are we going in convoy or desperate, you can follow if you like?

Give me a buzz later and let me know
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: Bar Vitelli on February 15, 2014, 09:10:31 AM
Thanks, young, Chris, sounds like a plan, just need to get my car polished first! Those panels should have cone on Thursday but have still not  arrived so will let you know when they do. How about meet at 6.30 and set off in convoy? If Pete's making his own way there we should be able to stay below 80mph... ;D

That Pete, he loves a carvery!  ;D
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: DeVilleChris on February 15, 2014, 09:46:51 AM
sure, had a few issues with my car so got no carpets in it at the moment ha!

also accelerator pedal still a bit iffy but will be fine :P
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: DeVilleChris on February 15, 2014, 05:16:23 PM
Pete said he would meet us at yours and drive us there. I'm up for that cause my 126 needs a bit of TLC at the me moment. I can't seem to get you on your phone though.

Chris
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: Bar Vitelli on February 15, 2014, 06:03:44 PM
Nightmare, I'll have to switch the engine to jet turbo if Pete's leading!  :P

See you in a bit!  ;D
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: DeVilleChris on February 16, 2014, 12:03:24 AM
Well tonight was a success! thanks for all those that were there :)
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: Pete126 on February 16, 2014, 12:50:37 AM
Great Evening hope everyone got home safe, now i'm home I can have a :beer:
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: Bar Vitelli on February 16, 2014, 08:32:12 AM
It was lovely to meet up with friends old and new! Would be lovely to do a Yorkshire run II to go see David's car collection sometime soon!  ;D
Title: Re: Lina visiting the North
Post by: Lina on February 17, 2014, 03:25:43 PM
Really, really lovely to see everyone!  Will be coming up again soon with the 126 on a trailer being pulled by the Lada - should be a sight to see!  ;D

Lina