Club126UK
For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: DeVilleChris on November 25, 2013, 02:40:30 PM
-
Hi, I need Italian reproduction parts if possible, will need front end panel, both front wings and inner front end panel.
Just need to know if anyone has these parts or if anyone knows a decent website to buy them from? Needs to be decent quality stuff.
Thanks in advance
-
Hi, I need Italian reproduction parts if possible, will need front end panel, both front wings and inner front end panel.
Just need to know if anyone has these parts or if anyone knows a decent website to buy them from? Needs to be decent quality stuff.
Thanks in advance
Can You paste the photos?? I don't understand what exactly you need :(
-
Yes, I will post them tonight, I am still at work and can't upload the photos from my phone.
Thanks
-
These 2 parts plus both front wings.
-
These 2 parts plus both front wings.
FSM/Fiat Auto Poland discontinued production this type of front part 126 in 1994. The dies bought J.Turas Company. This company made the best spare parts.
If you want I can find this type of front here in Poland and can send it to you. Last time I pay 170zł (about £35 + shipment)
-
Chris,
DO NOT buy Polish panels for an early car. They do NOT fit. The quality is rubbish, and you will regret it if restoring an early car.
OEM panels appear on eBay from time to time, or you can get Italian repro panels from Franco at Ricambio, but they are more expensive. Depends how fast you need them.
My first panels were Polish and they caused no end of problems, so I ended up binning or selling them.
Regards,
Tom
-
What about fiat 500 ricambi? I thought ricambio did them but they are a little expensive, are they all Italian repro?
thanks for the advice Tom
-
Chris,
DO NOT buy Polish panels for an early car. They do NOT fit. The quality is rubbish, and you will regret it if restoring an early car.
OEM panels appear on eBay from time to time, or you can get Italian repro panels from Franco at Ricambio, but they are more expensive. Depends how fast you need them.
My first panels were Polish and they caused no end of problems, so I ended up binning or selling them.
Regards,
Tom
F126 was very popular so mamy producers offered spare panels. You're right that mamy of them are rubbish. It is very important to buy J.Turas parts.
I have made some renovation, and have never problems with J.Turas
-
Chris,
DO NOT buy Polish panels for an early car. They do NOT fit. The quality is rubbish, and you will regret it if restoring an early car.
OEM panels appear on eBay from time to time, or you can get Italian repro panels from Franco at Ricambio, but they are more expensive. Depends how fast you need them.
My first panels were Polish and they caused no end of problems, so I ended up binning or selling them.
Regards,
Tom
if you buy the cheapest crap... so many times I said TURAS only...
-
What are J Turas parts? Do you have a link? Mrs BV is due to restore her early air cooled shortly and will need some panels...
-
Yeah a link would be nice please, so I can have a look
-
Yeah a link would be nice please, so I can have a look
It will be problem with link. The company does not produced F126 since 2001 (probably)
You can only buy it in good shops.What are J Turas parts? Do you have a link? Mrs BV is due to restore her early air cooled shortly and will need some panels...
I wrote above that Turas was a company which bought oryginal Fiat's dies
-
500 Ricambi are Dutch, and use a lot of Polish parts, as do Axel Gerstl.
If you are buying Polish parts, then buy them from 126fan as they are the same, and much cheaper.
J Turas are Polish, and you can't gaurentee the quality or place of manufacture.
I would personally not touch any panels to restore an early Italian car unless you are sure they come from Italy or are Italian repro. Learn from my expensive mistakes! Its really not worth the risk. If you buy cheap and they don't fit, then it will cost more anyway. Better off going for the Italian stuff from the beginning.
If you are restoring a Polish car, or later model it wont matter.
Tom
-
So where are you recommending? Franco?
-
I recommend eBay, but if you need stuff in a hurry then Franco has pretty much everything.
Tom
-
pity that you do not speak Polish .... if you read any Polish forum, it will learn a lot more about the parts of sheet metal .... on any forum no one is buying new sheets, just for old inventory in stores or looking for turas panels ....