Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: DeVilleChris on November 11, 2013, 06:59:26 PM

Title: Well... This is nice
Post by: DeVilleChris on November 11, 2013, 06:59:26 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-126-ONE-OF-THE-FIRST-SOLD-IN-THE-UK-18700-MILES-UNMOLESTED-/251377778579?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a87487f93
Title: Re: Well... This is nice
Post by: Bar Vitelli on November 11, 2013, 07:04:16 PM
http://club126uk.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=6822.0
Title: Re: Well... This is nice
Post by: DeVilleChris on November 11, 2013, 07:07:33 PM
hahaha... he got it for £700...
Title: Re: Well... This is nice
Post by: DeVilleChris on November 11, 2013, 07:07:55 PM
this also means the advert lies..
Title: Re: Well... This is nice
Post by: DeVilleChris on November 11, 2013, 07:12:48 PM
If only I hadn't put OPD in the bodyshop! although it seems like this car needs a lot of work too...
Title: Re: Well... This is nice
Post by: madmonk on November 11, 2013, 07:17:08 PM
hahaha... he got it for £700...
No, it was £600.
Title: Re: Well... This is nice
Post by: madmonk on November 11, 2013, 07:17:59 PM
this also means the advert lies..

Explain?
Title: Re: Well... This is nice
Post by: Bar Vitelli on November 11, 2013, 07:29:52 PM
I think Chris will have misread the advertisement i.e. it had been garaged for a long time when you bought it.

It's a beautiful car and I still regret not buying it!

Good luck with the sale, it needs work but will be a minter once done...
Title: Re: Well... This is nice
Post by: DeVilleChris on November 11, 2013, 07:43:38 PM
Yeah my fault, I did misread it  :$

It is a nice car I agree.. I wanted to buy it.

I do apologise
Title: Re: Well... This is nice
Post by: 1973/126 on November 11, 2013, 08:01:45 PM
 Will be interesting to see if someone puts a bid in.

 Good luck to the seller.
Title: Re: Well... This is nice
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on November 11, 2013, 08:32:40 PM
Come on it does come with a pair of mudflaps and there has been no molesting on the back seat so it has got to be worth it  ;D
Title: Re: Well... This is nice
Post by: Kent126 on November 11, 2013, 08:43:35 PM
 :o

Tom
Title: Re: Well... This is nice
Post by: Bar Vitelli on November 11, 2013, 08:48:25 PM
It was actually registered on 8th August 1973 which makes it (as far as I am aware) the 2nd oldest original 126 in the country...if it was a bit less and a bit closer it really would be worth a view...
Title: Re: Well... This is nice
Post by: Kent126 on November 13, 2013, 05:44:08 PM
Whos got the first?

There is an 1973 'L reg' kicking about somewhere. It was a Fiat demonstrator, im sure.

Tom
Title: Re: Well... This is nice
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on November 13, 2013, 07:06:47 PM
Bar Vitelli has the oldest surviving example we know of in Britain. The L plate demonstrator was pre production, no signs that it survived any time at all.
Title: Re: Well... This is nice
Post by: Kent126 on November 14, 2013, 11:29:36 PM
Ah well that clears that up. Don't fancy adding it to your collection Garry, having numbers 1 and 2 together?  ;D

Tom
Title: Re: Well... This is nice
Post by: 1973/126 on November 15, 2013, 08:24:25 AM
 I remember Tony VDJ`s  white 73 car was built in May.
 http://club126uk.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=3847.msg25551#msg25551
 Not sure where it is now, but I don`t think the new owners are on here.
Title: Re: Well... This is nice
Post by: Bar Vitelli on November 15, 2013, 09:45:59 AM
I remember that car, it's the one on Wikipedia and one of the cars that got me first interested in 126s.

It was beautiful but I think it's been modified since and is not now as original.

Same registration date as my favourite blue car 1st August 1973!  ;D
Title: Re: Well... This is nice
Post by: DeVilleChris on November 19, 2013, 11:50:23 PM
Not 1 bid. maybe they will just keep it and restore it?