Club126UK
For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: Hazey-n-Marc on May 25, 2013, 09:43:37 AM
-
;D ;D
http://allegro.pl/fiat-126p-1979r-fabrycznie-nowy-101km-maluch-i3267412169.html?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=LikeButton
Saying that, it does look like the most convincing super low miles never registered 126 I've seen yet, still think £14000 is too much though.
-
There is something wrong with this car. The car has had work done in the past, and isnt original. You can clearly see that both indicator panels have been badly re-welded. The gaps are out far too much, and the panels dont even meet up with the top of the wing properley when you open up the bonnet.
Also the front panel gap/line doesnt look right where it meets the front wings on both sides. As you move up the line there is a blob of weld in the headlight, and the line should flow straight up. I would suggest this car has had a new front end at some point.
The photo that shows the close up of the front left headlight shows this, and in the photo you can clearly see a blop of paint drip under the light. I went back and scrutinised the photos further, and there are further paint drips on other bits of the car.
Although it looks nice, I would seriously question the mileage and originality of this car and therefore the crazy price.
This car has clearly been restored. Looking at the photos of where the car was found, I am guessing that the car was restored and then stored by a previous owner, and this person has rescued it from storage thinking it is original.
Tom
-
It also looks as if someone has had a screwdriver in the binnacle screw and the first 1 on the odometer doesn't line up.
-
Here the idicator panel gap is out, and two blobs of weld. Also panel has been cut badly to fit;
(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s191/thomasrenshaw/8_zpsa7b53d5e.jpg) (http://s152.photobucket.com/user/thomasrenshaw/media/8_zpsa7b53d5e.jpg.html)
Look carefully and you can see a paint blob;
(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s191/thomasrenshaw/36_zps0adb83e8.jpg) (http://s152.photobucket.com/user/thomasrenshaw/media/36_zps0adb83e8.jpg.html)
Blobs of weld and a paint drip;
(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s191/thomasrenshaw/11_zps1f941a75.jpg) (http://s152.photobucket.com/user/thomasrenshaw/media/11_zps1f941a75.jpg.html)
Look very carefully, and you can see the left wing line doesnt line up with the front panel line. Its only slightly out but I noticed it.
(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s191/thomasrenshaw/10_zpsfb7b366b.jpg) (http://s152.photobucket.com/user/thomasrenshaw/media/10_zpsfb7b366b.jpg.html)
(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s191/thomasrenshaw/14_zpsfc250b35.jpg) (http://s152.photobucket.com/user/thomasrenshaw/media/14_zpsfc250b35.jpg.html)
Another car advertised as 'original' when it isnt.
Tom
-
Martin (126fan) seems convinced that it's genuine. He has seen the same panel problems on factory cars and says that there are unobtainable parts on it that are in as new condition.
I believe he knows more about 126's than anyone else we can ask.
-
I'd buy it...if we could lose one of the zero's (!!)
:o
Thankfully, I've got my eye on another yellow lower mileage car...
-
It's genuine, they were made very quickly and cheaply that's how they are
There not like new cars made by robots, it's like British Leyland cars no panels are strait
It's when the panels look right when somethings wrong ;D
-
Oh this one is real.
http://www.klasyczny.com/tyle-wygrac-126p-jak-milion-w-totka/
But was for sale a while ago for about £6000 Blimey how prices go up on these cars. :P
-
26800 k already !!! :o