Club126UK
For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: dajwid on May 17, 2013, 05:45:45 PM
-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171041818129&fromMakeTrack=true
A bis Abarth, :$
Dare I comment?
-
Haha literally just saw this just now on eBay; I was proper scrutinising it to find anything on it that could even make the owner think of putting the bis as an 'abarth'.
They probably think that sticking abarth in the title will attract more bidders or something...
-
The owner knows nothing about the cars, he said it has a Abarth badge on the boot, he also said he would update the listing as would not want to confuse anyone.
I now read that he has been contacted by other members of fiat clubs to tell him how rare the car is and that it is worth a fortune. ::)
The car is at about £1400 already. Blimey, I need to buy a Abarth badge.
-
OMG its really ABARTH!!! You dont see badge and red carpet?? badge give You 4-5bhp, carpet round 7-8.... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
-
I think the numbers he's quoting are about right for BIS according to howmanyleft.co.uk.
Marc
I have invited the seller to join so we can sort it properly, at the minute we are assuming that he has said abarth in an attempt to mislead potential buyers, we might be wrong. He is assuming that we are a bunch of nagging old women, he might be wrong :D. If he joins and chats it should hopefully result in "Abarth" being removed from the ad, and us getting a new owner/member when it sells.
Also, it does look like a good car. Why is everyone so adverse to the fact that 126's are becoming classics with prices to match?
Marc
Has it got a different fuel pump, or is the fuel filter the wrong way round on the return?
-
Also, it does look like a good car. Why is everyone so adverse to the fact that 126's are becoming classics with prices to match?
Despite the Abarth alleged blunder, the car looks quite nice. I agree with Marc that 126 cars are slowly, but surely becoming classics. Price wise, I agree, prices are going up, though the condition of the car comes into play big time. So the auction price it is going for at the moment, in my opinion seem realistic - it may edge up! This is more so when you consider the speed at which 126s are being scrapped. I also concur that some appear hell bent on playing down the status of 126s.
-
Wow, now that is a clean car! :o
Tom